1337est 500w to 600w PS

neubspeed

Gawd
Alright, basically my problem is I want to go SLi this Christmas and possibly a dual core, but my little wuse OCZ Modstream 520W will crack under pressure. I might get the Antec P180 so I need a long ATX (24 pin) cable as well. See sig for stuff.

Basically, I've narrowed my choices down to the OCZ Powerstream 600W, PC Power & Cooling Turbocool 510 SLI, Antec Truepower 2.0 550W, Seasonic S12 600W, or that Enermax 660w. Efficiency and stability I value above all else, I want this thing running COOL, and noise isn't a huge issue for me. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for help!

neubspeed said:
Efficiency and stability I value above all else, I want this thing running COOL, and noise isn't a huge issue for me. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for help!
Sounds like the Seasonic........will you be using a DFI board?

Thanks for the advice, I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium. I haven't read about the Silverstone one before, does it run cool, my OCZ one is HOT and I hate it.

neubspeed said:
Thanks for the advice, I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium. I haven't read about the Silverstone one before, does it run cool, my OCZ one is HOT and I hate it.

Asus board...... then to meet the rest of your criteria I would seriously consider the Seasonic.

Thanks Spectre, I'm either going with Seasonic or PC Power & Cooling. I've never heard of Seasonic before a few months ago which is why I'm skeptical, I guess price will dictate which one I get.

neubspeed said:
Thanks Spectre, I'm either going with Seasonic or PC Power & Cooling. I've never heard of Seasonic before a few months ago which is why I'm skeptical, I guess price will dictate which one I get.
The Seasonic S-12 500W/600W are much cheaper & quieter.
But the PC P&C 510 is still the BEST there is. ;)

Seasonic is a very old and well respected actual manufacturer, (not a rebrander) they also rate their supplies at a reasonable operating temperature (40C I think) and dont display the typical inflated specs you can often see with less reputible makes (21C)

But as mentioned PCP&C is about as tight and clean as it gets,
(and they rate at 50C)
however the cooling solution is shall we say robust :p

meaning it might be a little louder than some like, nothing a little modding cant fix up perfectly (with ducts and multiple fan stages, maintaining the intgrity of the cooling solution but quieting it) but it might be a little more than you want to undertake.

either are great choices ;)

Back