$150 to upgrade my Tmobile HTC Radar 4G

bennieboy2290

Weaksauce
I mainly use my phone for listening to music, calls, texts, gps, minimal internet usage outside some facebook/reddit. I don't like windows phone so I'm thinking android. Would a used Samsung Galaxy S 2 be a nice upgrade?

Paying $179 would get you an unlocked Moto G -- I'd go that route instead ($199 if you want a 16GB model).

Paying $179 would get you an unlocked Moto G -- I'd go that route instead ($199 if you want a 16GB model).

Oh definitely this. The Moto G is like 3 generations ahead of the GS2 in terms of hardware/SoC. It will be much faster, on the latest version of Android for the next year or two (I think it has 4.4 now, which very few phones have), and be a much more enjoyable phone than the GS2 (which isn't a bad phone to begin with).

I know you mentioned not liking Windows Phone, but you could get a Lumia 521 on sale for ~$70 and have cash in your pocket.

I like the 521 a lot better than my old Radar.

Vote for moto g or lumia 521. Moto g if you use Google music lumia if you want WiFi calling.

Wow I've never even heard of the moto G, looks great!

This is probably a dumb question but where should I buy one of these? I'm used to just going into the T-mobile store when I want an upgrade but these appear to be unlocked so you can buy them anywhere for any service provider? Can I still just walk into the Tmobile store and get one for regular price/no contract?

Wow I've never even heard of the moto G, looks great!

This is probably a dumb question but where should I buy one of these? I'm used to just going into the T-mobile store when I want an upgrade but these appear to be unlocked so you can buy them anywhere for any service provider? Can I still just walk into the Tmobile store and get one for regular price/no contract?

t-mobile doesn't sell moto G directly. you'll have to buy it directly from motorola (or maybe radioshack/bestbuy?)

http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-mobile-phones-1/Moto-G/moto-g-pdp.html

they do sell the lumia 521 ($102 online price, think I've seen it cheaper before around $80)

just remember, moto G = no microSD card...

Back