150gb Raptor RAID0 Questions - Gaming

adrift02

Limp Gawd
I am getting a 150gb raptor to boost my game loading performance and am concerned of the effects of RAID0 with my current 250g seagate SP 2504c. Will this slow down my raptor? I did read the article that showed no benefit between RAID0 for real performance but I am still curious. After all, it it doesnt slow my raptor down, why not?

....So you're going to raid your raptor with your 250gb seagate?

yeah that doesn't work chief....... well i guess it could....... you would only get 150 gb usable out of the 250 gb drive (300GB total betwen the two) and due to extreme differences in transfer rates the raid set would end up being slower than either of the two drives individually.

But hey.... you'd be the first on the board to do it........

Just put your games on the Raptor.......thats your best bet...

aznx said:
More system memory would help..or a faster cpu. :p
Whether a faster CPU will help depends on the games he is playing, the resolution and whether he already has quad-sli.

drizzt81 said:
Whether a faster CPU will help depends on the games he is playing, the resolution and whether he already has quad-sli.
I think that was a joke - he has an e6600 @ 3.4, which is probably close to the fastest single CPU you can have ;)

Using raid with disks of different types is a Bad Idea IMO. Put OS and games on the Raptor, and all your music etc on the 250.

unhappy_mage said:
I think that was a joke - he has an e6600 @ 3.4, which is probably close to the fastest single CPU you can have ;)
indeed. it's running at whopping 5.37Volts!

Back