1600x1200 IPS monitors?

RedShark

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey,

I've been looking to get a new monitor. The 1600x1200 IPS monitors I'm aware of include:

Dell 2007fp
HP LP2065
NEC 2090uxi
Edit: LG Electronics Flatron L2000CP (relatively expensive in the US, cheapest s-ips 20'' 4:3 in the EU)
Edit: NEC MultiSync LCD2070NX

Are there any I missed?

I'm leaning toward the HP because it's the cheapest of the lot, and I don't need it for anything fancy--I just thought it'd be nice to get an IPS panel for once :) The panel lottery thread suggests most people get an IPS panel with that model. I want 1600x1200 to match another 1600x1200 I already have (Samsung 204b).

Thanks for any input :)

Thanks for the tip. I'm personally still leaning toward the HP because of the 3 year warranty, but I imagine this would a good choice for many, and it is a bit cheaper.

Seeing as we've had about 150 page views and no other recommendations, I guess the original list is complete. I'll probably order tomorrow :)

Thanks again.

Seeing as we've had about 150 page views and no other recommendations, I guess the original list is complete.

LG Electronics Flatron L2000CP (relatively expensive in the US, cheapest s-ips 20'' 4:3 in the EU)
NEC MultiSync LCD2070NX

I bought two of them a few weeks ago. The panels are perfect. My only complaint is that one wasn't packed as well as it could be (base of stand pushing on box instead of restrained by foam) and has a rather stiff tilt adjustment as a result. I need to find out if nec'll crossship a replacement, if not it's nt enough of a bother (how often do you readjust afterall?) to be worth sending it back and going monodisplay for a few weeks.

I'm trying to convince myself that no, I don't need to buy two more and a quad panel mount, and that no I don't need to buy two to replace the 19" CRT and 1905(VA 1280x1024) I have at work.

I bought two of them a few weeks ago. The panels are perfect. My only complaint is that one wasn't packed as well as it could be (base of stand pushing on box instead of restrained by foam) and has a rather stiff tilt adjustment as a result. I need to find out if nec'll crossship a replacement, if not it's nt enough of a bother (how often do you readjust afterall?) to be worth sending it back and going monodisplay for a few weeks.

Ugh, this is making it very hard for me to resist. Sooooooo tempted to buy right now....

I'm trying to convince myself that no, I don't need to buy two more and a quad panel mount, and that no I don't need to buy two to replace the 19" CRT and 1905(VA 1280x1024) I have at work.

Haha, thats reassuring, but also kind of frightening.

Unfortunately stupid amex held up my order with their verification BS and now there on back order till the 27th. At least theres more coming I guess.

I just bought some of the NEC's from directron as well, they are REALLY nice. I'm using them in a dual setup right now..... The panels are perfect, the packaging was pretty good, the stands and everything look brand new. Can't complain.

Awesome!

These seem like one of the best deals around! Do you know what the height of the viewable part of the screen is? I'm wondering if I can get close to the same height as my SOYO 24".

Thanks-

I think you do need a quad mount...

Awesome!

These seem like one of the best deals around! Do you know what the height of the viewable part of the screen is? I'm wondering if I can get close to the same height as my SOYO 24".

Thanks-

12 inches in normal, a little less than 16 in portrait.

Thanks!

Looks like it will be about an inch shorter than my SOYO 24". That should'nt make a huge difference. I just ordered one, can't wait!

A bit less than an inch actually. A 20" 4:3 and 23" widescreen are equivalent in height, as are 21/24" screens.

Am I correct in assuming that even if the heights are a little off your mouse will still pass unobstructed from the top of one screen to the top of the other, because the vertical resolutions are the same?

correct. as far as windows is concerned all pixels are an identical size.

No, the 204B is a cheap TN+Film :)

I ordered and received the HP LP2065, and it's an IPS panel. So I've got my 2x20" :)

That sounds like an amazing deal on the LCD2090UXI at directron.
Can anyone say how the quality of these monitors measures up to say a 20WMGX2 (I use one of these). My brother is in need for a new screen and this may just fit the bill. I know it is 4:3 and non-glossy, but he may actually prefer that. How is the input lag, noticeable at all?

I haven't seen another monitor even in the same class as the 20WMGX2, so I'm hoping this IPS panel is of equal quality. I was pretty disappointed missing out on the 20wmgx2s for around $200 not to long ago.

I'm also interested in that 2090 from Directron. I've been scouring the web trying to find a non-TN 1600x1200 for under $350 and this is the first I've seen. I'm a little worried about getting screwed though since it's a refurb. If the unit arrives with dead pixels and or other defects what are my options? Is that just the risk you take with refurbs?

I'd also love to hear how it performs with games :).

I'm also interested in that 2090 from Directron. I've been scouring the web trying to find a non-TN 1600x1200 for under $350 and this is the first I've seen. I'm a little worried about getting screwed though since it's a refurb. If the unit arrives with dead pixels and or other defects what are my options? Is that just the risk you take with refurbs?

I'd also love to hear how it performs with games :).

I get mine tomorrow. I hope in is better than my 20WMGX2. The 2090 should have a better screen with a polarizer. I'll test for lag tomorrow, and do a short review compared to my 20WMGX2 and Dell 2007WFP.

It will have more lag than the 20WMGX2 and Dell 2007WFP, but I'm not sure how much more. I was very annoyed by lag with my 2405FPW, so I hope this one is better.

I got two from Directron a few days ago and they arrived in perfect condition. The only thing that annoys me about them is the greys look a little brown to me so im having to tweak the colors a bit. Other than that they are working great.

First impressions on LCD2090UXI:

I'm not very impressed by the uniformity of this monitor. Enabling Color Comp just makes it much worse.
This monitor has just as much flickering as my 20WMGX2 on the tests at lagom.nl, but it is less noticeable in normal use.

The lower left corner has some backlight bleed.

So, Directron worked out OK? I'm thinking of placing an order this afternoon... any feedback would be good.
Thanks.

Just got back from vacation and finally got to hook up my 2090 from directon. Overall its very nice and seems to be in near mint condition with zero dead or stuck pixels. I just calibrated it with my dads i-one and images look very beautiful, there is also practically no back light bleed. My only complaint is that the text isn't super sharp, but no biggy.

Anyway, I'm stoked and this should definitely get me by for another year or two til something really killer comes out.

Back