160mb cable internet 2008

in other news, users of the 160mb cable connection offered by comcast have a max bit torrent download of .0000000000001byte (somehow). comcasts refuses to comment =p

LOL, for real?

Use: PeerGuardian2 to greatly help with blocking IP addresses that try to slow down your BT downloads. Also, try using random TCP and UDP ports, not the default ones that uTorrent uses.

i have comcast and i can get 20-30mbps down and 2.5mbps upload pretty easily as long as i dont use the wireless g from the laptop to test, my vista rig on the wire does it all the time, and i dont even pay for their highest tier of service, i also dont get torrent files neutered, they download as fast as anything else

LOL, for real?

Use: PeerGuardian2 to greatly help with blocking IP addresses that try to slow down your BT downloads. Also, try using random TCP and UDP ports, not the default ones that uTorrent uses.

Peer guardian doesnt stop ISP's from filtering your packets that go through their servers, it only stops IP's from connecting to you, it does nothing but protect your from big bad companies trying to bait you in.

Also i am sure there will be some like 100G / month limit, it is completly useless, why give super fast speeds and crappy low monthly limits...

Peer guardian doesnt stop ISP's from filtering your packets that go through their servers, it only stops IP's from connecting to you, it does nothing but protect your from big bad companies trying to bait you in.

Also i am sure there will be some like 100G / month limit, it is completly useless, why give super fast speeds and crappy low monthly limits...

Just trying to help those folks out. Those IP's could slow down your torrent and p2p downloads considerably. When I started using PG, my downloads almost doubled.

I just installed PG for the first time a few days ago, and it shocked me how many 'bad' IP connections it was blocking. Who knew there were that many companies trying to track bittorrent users.

you wont see those connections at the house. thats prolly speed at the node and not on the actual cable line it self. its a good sound bite but missleading for any one who has never worked for or on a HFC network.

just ran mine again on my Vista 64bit Ultimate hardwired PC

this is on their 6 meg tier i pay $42 a month for added to my cable TV bill

Meh, the testing servers can't go past 7-8mb usuall in the UK. :(

Besides, isn't that using the "powerboot" BS?

Meh, the testing servers can't go past 7-8mb usuall in the UK. :(

Besides, isn't that using the "powerboot" BS?

sure it is, i dont care what they call it, i get great speeds, sure, it doest stay at that speed the entire time, but it still blazing fast, and as far as the torrents go it's nothing to get over 1Mbps or higher through UTorrent, much higher if its a well seeded file

199532694.png

Generally what the UK testing servers put out. :eek:

WTF??? The best we have in NW Illinois is 8Mbps/768Kbs "Power Plus" for $53/mo... :mad:

We tried starting with the 6Mbps/512Kbpa package originally (was the fastest at the time), and no matter what we or Comcast did, never got more than 4.5Mbps at our brand new house. So, we just get the lowest 4Mbps/384Kbps package. So does my buddy who lives on the other side of town, but the Mayor lives on HIS street, so he still gets those 8Mbps speeds while paying for 4Mbps service... :mad:

#!&!&# Comcast...

Its because their infratructure blows and their bandwidth management blows.
Its hard when your at the mercy of your local cable co for bleeding edge tech and they dont want to invest. That puts the customer out. It pisses me off there is so much fiber laid but no speeds to match.

lol

Yeah no shit. That's our problem here. Our provider has a monopoly, and our upload blows ass.

i dont know where you guys are, but i am in the country, about as far out as you can get and still get cable period....and we get those speeds

They forgot to mention it's only in major cities, and will cost you not only an arm and a leg, but your first born male as well.

And thats only for the first six month. New customers only. After that.... :(

I guess this will be good reason for me to hold onto my DOCSIS 1.0 cable modem until the 3.0's come out...

There's a good 40,000 people in my zipcode, and we live in a very affluent area (suburbia about 40 miles from Chicago). We get bent over big time.

Back