165 from Monarch

Absolute0

Limp Gawd
Ordered over the weekend and got an 0550VPMW :)

And i thought they were no longer shipping these, i really thought i was gonna get an 0551VPMW or something.

OK so how does CCB1E 0550VPMW work

90385491.jpg

Well first of all, comparing to my single core Opterons, it runs cooler (at stock), and i notice the heatsink gets hotter. This tells me that it's transferring heat a lot better than my 146s are, which have concave IHSs.

This thing scales pretty well, it goes really far on low volts, but kinda walls up after that because core 0 starts to be a bitch and then i have to give it more volts and then temps get too high.

They excel at stock volts, this is right after getting the CPU, first OC i tried
71734918.jpg

It will do 2.8 with 1.4 volts pretty easily, and 2.9 with 1.48 but core0 will start to have troubles. Pretty nice though!

that's incredible! I can get windows to load @ 2.8 but as soon as i start SP2004, it starts getting errors. So I guess that means, no matter what RAM I Put in it, that 2.7 will be the highest stable since the CPU has errors at 2.8, eh? Temps are the same for me whether its stock or OC'ed... which is kinda odd. :(

Clocks dont change temps a whole lot, mostly voltage

Anyway, i upped the volts and let loose clockgen on this thing

:)
012fcc49.jpg

Actualy got past 3.2 but then it froze :p

Oh man, I am so jelous!! haha... What are all the settings that you used in your bios?

1.55 + 104%
1.4 LDT
1.6 chipset
2.7 Vdimm
333 HTT then clockgenned up
133 divider
2x LDT multiplier

Hmm... so overclocking the chipset as well might boost me to a stable 2.8??? :)

nice, very nice. i also ordered a 165 from monarch when they had the coupon, should be getting it monday.

noobtech said:
You put 1.6 next to chipset... or is that stock :)

But raising volts isn't overclocking, it's just raising volts...

Yep it's a nice chip, i actually got 2. It's other brother with a higher batch # is currently doing 2.85 Ghz with 1.39v on water. Water helped a lot; on air it needed 1.45v to do this.

lucky you I paid like 350 for my chip from monarch and it is 0551 :( I can only get 2.8 ghz prime stable but pumping like 1.6v into it... I can only do 2700 MHZ off 1.425v...

350$? Man i'm sorry, that's why i think people should pay the 50$ more that it takes to get a tried and true good stepping. 2.8 GHz with 1.6v is not the best Mhz/volts ratio..

Very nice,

OP have you reached the point of 99.9% stability yet? Wondering what your highest "stable" sweetspot is (?)

Absolute, are you in the Silent Death clan? If yes... then I am Jellyballs. w00t.

i also got a 0551 from monarch. don't have all my other components yet though. hey i was wondering though, whats the default voltage for these cpus(last cpu i overclocked was an athlon xp)

Haven't been overclocking the 165 much more.

Put it on water and got up past 2.85 Ghz with relative ease, trouble going past 2.9 Ghz though, starts wanting 1.5+ volts.

Default vcore is 1.31

I've been playing with my CCB1E 0550VPMW Opty 170, one of the best CPUs i've ever had

fabdf367.jpg

Back