175.16+8800 320+stalker Question

genetech

Limp Gawd
does this driver cause bsod death with this card in stalker. I have tried alot of drivers and they all still bsod in this game and i do not want to keep having to switch back to 162.18

What version of Windows do you have (I assume Vista x86 of some sort...)? Is STALKER fully patched to the latest version?

I used to get BSODs in Stalker too. Fixed. Let me guess... you installed the game... patch... patch... patch... patch... = BSOD.

Do this... install... load game... exit game... patch-1... reboot, load game... exit game... patch-2..., reboot, load game... exit game... patch-3... reboot, rinse/repeat unti fully patched.

Worked for me... never saw another BSOD in Stalker.

Now.... if you could tell me what the solution to XP32 Nvidia 790i +2X 9800GTX SLI video freeze problem is that would be great. I won't hold my breath... burn Nvidia... BURN in hell

You know it's funny, in my XP partition STALKER BSOD's like there is no tomorrow. However in my Vista install, STALKER is just fine, and plays very well. The ONLY differences between my installs are, the XP install uses the nVidia raid, and the Vista one is on the silicon raid. After much driver testing and tweaking, I am wondering if the new drivers aren't causing some odd error with the other nVidia drivers.:confused::confused:

this may just be the case because as i have said in many posts that the 162.18 drivers were the last drivers nvidia released that supported this game flawlessly. anything past that was bsod at random and annoying intervals. mostly during map switches or when the weather system would kick in it really depends on the drivers you use some are worse than others and so far the only people who use this driver to fix the problem are the 8800 320 users. I just remembered that the game would even bsod during exiting of the game to the desktop.

I guess XP is losing it's support from nvidia if they are aware of this issue but chose not to fix it.

Back