19" CRT

8fingers

Limp Gawd
i need a little help, i'm buying my the rest of my system today, but i'm kinda stuck when it come to the monitor. i have looked at all of the following:

samsung 997
viewsonic g90f
mitsubishi 93SB

i was going for the samsung, but i hear lots of people complain about it, viewsonic - heard lots of good, but it seems that no one really recommends it... the mitsubishi is apeture grill,, but i think i can deal with it. is it the monitor i should go for? where do would uu recommend buying it from? if i could get it local that would be sweet... but then i'd have to pay sales tax, so nevermind that.

thanks in advance

I've looked a lot at the Samsung 997DF, and it's quite nice, but it isn't truly flat. The outermost screen is flat, but the picture is projected on a curved screen just inside it. It's a very nice monitor, though, and .20mm pitch is very nice. And you can get the monitor for $200 or less easy. I'd get one but I have no room for a CRT. The monitor is a deeper than what images online show.

EDIT: Heh, I'm always dyslexic with the model letters. I meant DF.

I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 997DF from Dell and returned it after a week or so because it wasn't truly flat like my Trinitron. It bugged the hell out of me because I was so use to looking at a flat screen. Dell has free shipping, so it didn't cost me anything and I got a full credit. Can't beat that. I saw one at BestBuy the other day going for $199.99.

Borocay said:
I bought a Samsung SyncMaster 997DF from Dell and returned it after a week or so because it wasn't truly flat like my Trinitron. It bugged the hell out of me because I was so use to looking at a flat screen. Dell has free shipping, so it didn't cost me anything and I got a full credit. Can't beat that. I saw one at BestBuy the other day going for $199.99.
i think i may go ahead with the 997df, i'm used to curved screen, heck, i'm used to working on crap, so this new system is gonna be beautiful to me. and Dell has the 997df for $174...

i have the syncmaster 997df and i really dont have any complaints.
It isnt a true flat, but its not that noticeable when you're not used to flat screens
It is a good deal. Has never given me problems or bugged out.
the only issue i have is the customization is a bitch... once you set it... dont mess with it again.

Back