19" LCD $109 AR

Just a little tip for people worried about the large rebates:

The $100 is through onrebate.com. What you want to do for that one is go to their website and fill in the pre-mailing electronic submission information. In this process, you will be asked how you would like your rebate back. If you select the express method, which can either be through PayPal or a check mailed priority, you WILL have your rebate back within two weeks--just be sure when you mail it to them you mail it via USPS priority or something (which costs ~$5 or so) so you have a tracking number. The express rebate method costs about $5 itself, but it requires them to actually look over the rebate and approve you instead of just denying it for some faulty reason like a lot of rebate companies.

So, if you do this, you'll still be getting $90 back and within 2 weeks without even having to worry about whether or not you'll get the rebate back; really no hassle to it, done it plenty of times with the bigger ones going through onrebate. Now if only I could justify buying another monitor...

wow 8ms response time and 700:1 contrasdt it says analog but says it has a dvi connector.. weird.. man i wanna hop on this, but i dont know what to do with my kds 19 inch crt ugh!! i already gave my other 19 to the fam,

I just bought it and have finalised all of the steps necessary to recieve the $120 worth of rebates. I hope everything works out with this.

they had the same deal at buy.com a couple weeks ago

never heard of it but for $100 i would take a chance lol

you should check out the 19'' widescreens on newegg. i got one from there for 180 bucks and its nice as hell.

got one not too long ago for $120. Came with one dead pixel in the corner so its not that noticeable. The sound quality of the speakers is not good but what LCD screen has good speakers. The screen quality is really nice.

Hanns G LCDs are actually quite decent quality wise. We sell them at Directron and use multiple for store use purposes. For the price. This is a steal.

I own two Hanns-G LCD a HN199D my first one and a Hanns-G HN196D and it's at work. I've been impressed with both of these monitors 700:1, 8ms and DVI .. I play BF2, UT2K4, COD2 and Oblivian without any ghosting. I received both without a single dead pixel.

Great Deal IMHO!!!

so does this have both dvi and analog? I don't have dvi on my laptop :(

Gawd damn! I could get three of these for around the price of a 20" widescreen... that would kick so much ass.

I ordered one of these on 8/14/06 at around 2pm. It was delivered to my desk 8/15/06 at around 11:15am.

Total price for me (including shipping) before rebates was 241.76! Luckily, employees at my company get a 5% discount.

Will hook it up tonight and let you know what I think.

sj

SpiderJohn23 said:
I ordered one of these on 8/14/06 at around 2pm. It was delivered to my desk 8/15/06 at around 11:15am.

Total price for me (including shipping) before rebates was 241.76! Luckily, employees at my company get a 5% discount.

Will hook it up tonight and let you know what I think.

sj
&^%#$%^& guess i was still sleeping

wow dhl decided to do a second attempt same day without me even asking!

but the lcd isn't that great. really good for 109 but there's some severe light leakage (not sure if you''d call it leakage or just imbalance causing the bottom to be exploding in light)

edit: I'm not sure if this is because I'm using the analog inputs but it seems to be very grainy and noisy. It is bright though, but when I'm looking at part of the screen, it seems like the peripheral parts are all fuzzy. If I look closely at one part, I can see a ton of noise.

ziddey said:
wow dhl decided to do a second attempt same day without me even asking!

but the lcd isn't that great. really good for 109 but there's some severe light leakage (not sure if you''d call it leakage or just imbalance causing the bottom to be exploding in light)

edit: I'm not sure if this is because I'm using the analog inputs but it seems to be very grainy and noisy. It is bright though, but when I'm looking at part of the screen, it seems like the peripheral parts are all fuzzy. If I look closely at one part, I can see a ton of noise.

That sucks.

Both of mine are rock solid and don't have any of those issue I'm using the DVI. Not to insult your knowledge of what you are doing. Is your refresh rate where is suppose to be at? and are you running at 1280 x 1024? Also if don't change your game resolutions to 1280 x 1024 your resolution of the game is stretch to match 1280. However you can change your settings (nVidia base cards) go to "Nvidia display Settings"> Device Settings > Device adjustments and select one that will work for you.

How do dead pixels form?? I checked it and it had none when I first set it up. Then this morning, I turn it on and there's a hideous blue dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. And then after 10 minutes of usage, the brightness pulsated bright and dim for about a minute and stopped. That hasn't happened again but the dead pixel is here to stay. :(!!

It depends on how many dead pixles you get. Some places state that they won't allow a return unless there are 8 dead pixles...shhheesh! Go back and check the retailer and see what they say about dead pixles. If they won't take it back go to the manufacturer and complain.

kraggy said:
It depends on how many dead pixles you get. Some places state that they won't allow a return unless there are 8 dead pixles...shhheesh! Go back and check the retailer and see what they say about dead pixles. If they won't take it back go to the manufacturer and complain.
Yeah, I mean the 1 dead pixel isn't really anything more than just annoying right now. However, I view it as a reliability concern if it developed one within a week of ownership and was already having power issues (although not reproducable at this point).

But I mean I'd rather pay $109 for something like a dell 19" (i know i know benq rebadge) with 1 dead pixel than pay it for a noname with dead pixel.

Sinster said:
Ziddey,

Even the Dell's, VS, etc. come with dead pixels sometimes.
Yeah, I agree. It is a nice monitor. However, in 3 instances so far, it has exhibited power issues that none of my other LCD's have before under the same conditions. It'd fade in and out of brightness rather rapidly. Also, the dead pixel was not there when I first got it, but appeared a few days after using it. I'll admit under most conditions, it's a great monitor and definitely worth the price. But the issues that decided to pop up after the initial functionality of the LCD lead me to worry that it won't be very reliable. Let's hope for the best :)

Welp fellas, I just got an e-mail this morning saying that they have denied my $100 rebate. :mad: They said my UPC code was not included....WHICH IS TOTAL CRAP! I included it, I was very carefull...1) Signed $100 rebate form, 2) UPC code with bar code & numerical code beneath, 3) Original invoice.

I want to send the LCD back now. Its not worth the $230 I spent on it.

Did you make copies before you sent in the rebate? Do you have any proof that you indeed sent everything correctly? Due diligence.

I jumped on a deal like this on a similar monitor back in June and the $90 rebate check is sitting on my desk waiting to be cashed. I know from personal experience that they don't screw everybody.

Well, no, I was given advice to do so but didnt' think I would need it...LOL! Next time...well, everytime from here on out I will be making copies of all rebates.

But I just got it resolved...I called PCConnection.com cust. support and they just credited my CC for $100. I am very impressed, I kinda freaked out at first but they are easy to work with! :D

kraggy said:
Well, no, I was given advice to do so but didnt' think I would need it...LOL! Next time...well, everytime from here on out I will be making copies of all rebates.

But I just got it resolved...I called PCConnection.com cust. support and they just credited my CC for $100. I am very impressed, I kinda freaked out at first but they are easy to work with! :D

WOW. That's really impressive. They definately get extra credit in the customer service department for that. Maybe next time I order something from them I'll just not bother with the rebate and have them credit my card instead, lol!

I'm still waiting to hear back about the rebate.Hope it goes well

Onrebate rejected mine as well (my BS reason was that the serial number was not included, which it was, along with the UPC, etc), and while it took talking to three of PC Connections customer service agents before I finally got one on the line who would help (thanks Kristin and James!). It took talking to a few people, but PC Connection has now gone ahead and credited my account for the $100. If Onrebate decides to jerk you around on this, PC Connection is being quite helpful, though you'll probably need to speak with a supervisor.

Dude that sucks. I'm glad they paid you like they did me. I checked my on-line credit card staement and the $100 credit is there.

BTW, the 19" LCD is running perfect and looks very good even with D-sub connection that I'm using.

Back