19" Monitor What's it Worth?

Dataman

Limp Gawd
Ok I got a new monitor to go with new box. It left me with CTX 19" (1600x1200 capable, 100hz). New they are 179 and 20 to ship. (Manuf Oct 1998, 5 years old I guess)

I was thinking about 60 bucks.

Nothing wrong with it. My last CTX lasted 8 years (person I sold to it fried with computer, PS full of dog hair).

Anyone in Spokane WA need a good monitor?

Would be willing to trade for Waxing my PU Truck when it warms up in April.

Two coats.

So is it worth it?

Or just give it away to someone? Not worth putting in paper for 20 bucks.

Thanks

Dataman

SteveD [email protected]

could always donate it to a church or something then you could claim it on your taxes

Originally posted by MGDMN
No interest checks are allowed.

If you bothered to read the thread before looking like a ass he is offering it up for 60 bucks or to wax his truck but i doupt that you would be able to read the label on the wax so i guess you would have to come up with the cash :eek:

hey dude i live in wenatchee and have been looking for a montior how bulky is it?

Ahahha I do appreciate the kind words but I do recall in the thread title the words "What's it worth?" and also in the thread itself him asking "So is it worth it?". Sounds like an interest check to me.....

Originally posted by The[H]uman
If you bothered to read the thread before looking like a ass he is offering it up for 60 bucks or to wax his truck but i doupt that you would be able to read the label on the wax so i guess you would have to come up with the cash :eek:

Ahahha I do appreciate the kind words but I do recall in the thread title the words "What's it worth?" and also in the thread itself him asking "So is it worth it?". Sounds like an interest check to me.....

maybe a misleading title, but he did put in a price and what he was looking for trade.... i kinda wish i was local, i could use a monitor

Wasn't trying to be a dick or even a "mini-mod" just trying to warn him that the thread might get locked.

Wasn't trying to be a dick or even a "mini-mod" just trying to warn him that the thread might get locked.

ahh, okie then, it just kinda sounded that way.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=57909216&m=433006812121

I posted on two BBS's.

Some guy named Mike wants it for his brother.

I did try the church. I guess this is better than the trash or even trying to ship to someone. I would have a hard time selling it for 60 bucks after seeing some of the posts.

Besides I bet shipping would eat most of that.

It's age is the reason. It could die tomorror or work 5 years or more? I don't know, but at least this way it does not end up in Landfill.

Thanks everyone

This is almost as bad as the 25 DVD-R disks I ordered by mistake (Needed +R). Kyle got those (Free).

Giving it to someone I know means I don't have to set it up, and support it. All for free!

DM

If I bought this monitor I could have dual 19" monitors for a while, jesus that would rule,even if the CTX died It would still be cool for a while....

Would CTX be related to TTX, perchance? I'm using a TTX monitor right now. It's quite old and I've never had any trouble with it.

Back