1900XTX and BF2 cant get AA to work

Chris Lakies

Limp Gawd
See Title. I tried the in game AA control = no luck. I also tried forcing through CCC = no luck.

What the hell no AA in BF2 for me?

The fact that you have AA enabled through CCC is the reason why it doesn't work. Leave it to application preference. That will do the trick.

Or rename the app .exe and force it from CCC. BF2 has lousy AA implementation so ATI has application detection disabling it when run using the standard .exe filename.

I have noticed FSAA only works with HQ AF turned on as well in BF.

gersson said:
The fact that you have AA enabled through CCC is the reason why it doesn't work. Leave it to application preference. That will do the trick.

I've tried both ways neither worked.

Ok. But for future reference this is true for BF2.

gersson said:

Catalyst AI disables your forced AA if the game has issues with AA. You could get around this by disabling AI. Then you can see for your own eyes what the issue is. I had the issue with Nv too. There can be like a funny line like your screen isn't lining up right. For my nv, it was a thin red bar running along the left side and top only. The soluton in this case is to simply use the game AA instead.

texuspete00 said:
Ok. But for future reference this is true for BF2.

Catalyst AI disables your forced AA if the game has issues with AA. You could get around this by disabling AI. Then you can see for your own eyes what the issue is. I had the issue with Nv too. There can be like a funny line like your screen isn't lining up right. For my nv, it was a thin red bar running along the left side and top only. The soluton in this case is to simply use the game AA instead.

The problem was that i was not running a native resolution for my Monitor/Game. Its all good now.....

Back