1995 Toys-R-Us video game scans

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheScott2K said:
Damn - Saturn, Game Gear, Nomad, 32x and Virtual Boy all on the market at the same time. I had forgotten how crazy a year 1995 was.
That was a great age. There are soooo many different consoles worth buying in that catalog. I would pick up an SNES or Genesis/Nomad even today if I didn't already have them. I'll probably have no interest in a XBox 10 years down the road though.

its canadian

just look at the first image, in big bold lettering:

"58 STORES ACROSS CANADA TO SERVE YOU!"

don't get much more obvious then that :rolleyes:

jdunner3 said:
Toe Jam and Earl is great. Still 30 bucks for a used copy in some circles. How many actually have these systems still and still hooked up?

I don't know about Toe Jam and Earl since I have never played it but I have a Sega Genesis with a Sega CD attached to my System Selector Pro along with my six other video game systems. :D :cool:

People complaining about prices now make me laugh. 400 dollars on this gem http://www.classicgaming.com/museum/tg16/Tex-ad1.jpg Gives a little persepective.....that was in 1989(maybe 90). Then I can't believe I actually bought a 3DO for 699 :rolleyes: If you want to know what is going ot flop in the console market just ask me what I bought.

Man those were the days........anyone else remember Larry Flynt publishing a game mag?

wow...so many games i remember playing which were way too violent for me, and just before the whole "violent videogames create violent kids" frenzy. primal fear, killer instinct, mk3.

btw, i'm only 18, and i read the mk3 came out TEN years ago makes me feel old. :(

That's awesome. I still have all of my old systems hooked up and play them on a regular basis. I have my SNES, Genesis w/ 32X, Game Gear, original Game Boy, PlayStation, N64, and Gamecube all in the entertainment center in the living room.

I skipped the Saturn and Dreamcast, but may get them just for nostalgia. I can't play the virtual boy, gives me the worst migraine ever (remember when they had it at the store and it always smelt like sweaty ballsack?).

awesome thread man, reminds me of the Sega Nomad I got burried somewhere at home.

I think a lot of us had that habit..I have an army of systems in my closet now..and like 200 games lol!

phobic said:
Virtual Boy...

L... O... L...

Seriously, what were they thinking?

no, what was I thinking for buying it when it came out and spending like $300 or whatever for it?

I just got a boxed VB with ten boxed games for $150 on eBay! I love Virtual Boy, even though it's such a gimmick system.

I remember getting an original playstation back in that year for christmas. It was retailed at $299 at Babbage's at the time, and I remember getting Mortal Kombat 3 and Battle Arena Toshinden, an extra controller, and a memory card. My folks forked out over $500 for me that Christmas. Needly to say, they are now divorced... :rolleyes:

brings back memories. God being in the cmoputer age. U could be like 13 and be like ya " I remeboer those days " and ur only talking about a year ago!

Ya know I remember bugging my grandmother so much we drove an hour and a half and paid $70 to get a copy of Street Fighter II for the SNES..... man that brings back some memories.

For the next 3 days the only thing you heard in the house was HA DO KEN lol.

Spaceninja said:
Ya know I remember bugging my grandmother so much we drove an hour and a half and paid $70 to get a copy of Street Fighter II for the SNES..... man that brings back some memories.

For the next 3 days the only thing you heard in the house was HA DO KEN lol.

LOL that made me laugh :D

Talk about nostalgia...I thought I was the only one who still kept these things around to play.

dsc055171ew.jpg

Just moved these to the bedroom....obviously dont have them hooked up yet.
dsc055196jy.jpg

I keep telling myself no more new games til I finish all the ones I already have.
dsc055189vt.jpg

Glazy said:
ive got nhl 94 top that....

I've got NHLPA '93.

Yea that's right, NHLPA. It was before the NHL days.

That was the one where you could knock people into the player boxes, and I think you could get into fights in that one.

CypherNinja said:
I still got my Genesis (and an emulator on my comp) AND my Game Gear. :D

Toejam & Earl is still one of the best games ever for drunken parties. :D

You forgot earthworm jim. :/

screwmesa said:
I remember when they had it at the store and it always smelt like sweaty ballsack?).
I am not going to even ask why you associated the smell of sweaty ball sacks with an instore demonstration of a virtual boy.....where did you grow up, i'd like to know so I can avoid that town at all costs!

-Rikus

The sad thing is now I can see some fat dood who works at sears or some electronics store rubbing his manberries on a virtual boy, THANKS!

God those games bring back memories (not nutsack ones mind you), but I usually step way back further and remember going to toys-r-us for Atari games! Oh man, those were awesome years going to toysrus for games, I remember when I used to only play my commodore-64, that store was MECCA for me. I vividly remember passing the nintendo isle and looking at the HUGE library of commodore games! Damm I miss my youth!

-Rikus

jdunner3 said:
Talk about nostalgia...I thought I was the only one who still kept these things around to play.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4660/dsc055171ew.jpg[//IMG]

snip ][/QUOTE]

You are the firiggin man!
You have Killer Instinct Gold in your 64 and I applaud you for it ! :D

RikuS said:
The sad thing is now I can see some fat dood who works at sears or some electronics store rubbing his manberries on a virtual boy, THANKS!

hahaha :p

I grew up around Phoenix and that thing always smelt horrible. I went to play the games while my parents shopped, and I tried to play the virtual boy every time, but I couldn't get myself to press my face against it once I smelt it. :eek:

slowbiz said:
Best thread ever!

I remember saving up 100 bucks to buy a game. That was back when you had like 7 games total. I swear, those games (the ones on the SNES flyer with Punchout and stuff) look more appealing to me than any games right now. Super Nintendo had some sort of aethstetic something that made it so damn good. I don't know how to describe it, but anyone who was gaming when it came out knows what I'm talking about.

what are you talking about.. i stil own ffew games.. i own 5 gamecube games.. and i've had the gamecube for like 4 years now lol...

yea KI Gold is still a must play. Lots of times when people find out I still have these systems and games they SWEAR that they can drill me at somethin. So I obviously get plenty of time taking it to some people with sabrewulf.

Did anybody have sega channel for the sega genisis? My dad had it and I loved it, plug a huge cartridge into your sega that plugs directly into the cable and get 50 games a month to play. Our favourite was road rash, and probably earthworm jim.

darkhorse said:
Did anybody have sega channel for the sega genisis? My dad had it and I loved it, plug a huge cartridge into your sega that plugs directly into the cable and get 50 games a month to play. Our favourite was road rash, and probably earthworm jim.

Yeah, I loved that. Friend and I would intentionally download the crap games just to laugh at them. Then we'd get over it and play Eternal Champions for the five billionth time.

It actually worked pretty well, and wasn't horribly expensive. Made me wonder where the initial Phantom-hate came from.

oh man, i remember sega channel! my parents would never let me get it though because of the montly fee. :(

yeah I was lucky my dad was/is a video game guy, when he was a kid he got pong so he's had gaming all his life. Through my life he's had nes, sega genisis(both became mine), playstation, playstation 2, and now the xbox, he said he's gonna get the xbox 360 and probably the ps3 when it comes out and choose between them after having both. He's 46.

Another favourite sega game I remembered was a baseball game, I think it was called RBI baseball, that was a fun one.

screwmesa said:
I'm a fan of fulgore myself....and I'll take you on any day :p

yea fulgore is tough. You might have me on that one. That damn morphing through the ground thing and upper cuttin right next to you always did me in.

Great game...time to look that up on eBay. I almost forgot about that game too.

did anyone actually play a 32X game? i remeber i got it because i thought it was the coolest thing to keep adding ridiculous stuff to my sega (sega CD) and i thought i was the coolest for having the uber sega genesis, only problem was i had no games for 32X (not a single one) and the only sega CD games were shitty (remember sewer shark & cliff hanger?)

Yup I have sewer shark and its terrible as are most sega cd games. I do own a few 32x games and do play them. The library of games for the 32x is just not as impressive (as you will get with the majority of console add-ons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back