1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
point taken ;) that's what I get for posting with so little sleep...

Sorry for resurrecting the thread, BUT

The formerly dubbed "Samsung uglies" Run dual channel in the ASRockDualSATA2 s939 board (currently on the newest 1.5 BIOS).

I bought 2 of those from that guy and they didnt work. I even BOUGHT a new mobo that was supposedly compatible with them...still no go. He swapped em out with more compatible ones but half the size. I lost on the deal.

I'm still working with PayPal to get a refund. PayPal authorized the refund, told me to send them back with a tracking number, now I just need to wait.

Of course 'convienently' the ebay smuck hasn't been there to receive the package for the past few days... waiting to see what happens next :/

Hoping to get this refund and maybe buy some of the 1GB sticks from Monarch or Newegg.

awdorrin said:
I'm still working with PayPal to get a refund. PayPal authorized the refund, told me to send them back with a tracking number, now I just need to wait.

Of course 'convienently' the ebay smuck hasn't been there to receive the package for the past few days... waiting to see what happens next :/

Hoping to get this refund and maybe buy some of the 1GB sticks from Monarch or Newegg.

He is doing the same shit with me. Package was not accepted or what not for a few days nad it was FINALLY accepted by him on Tuesday the 20th. We'll see what happens now.

Good job m8! This really saved me a lot of trouble =)

Now I have 3 gigs of ram like I wanted :cool:

time to try it in wow! Biggest thx to the thread creator

I have taken the same bait as everyone else. *sigh* never learns...
I have been reading the last 20 pages or so... my mind hurts... and it is too much to remember, so help me please:

I got NCP 000437, 1gig PC3200 "jedec standard"(sure....)
I would like it to work with nforce2 motherboard. Any chance of that happening?

I have no problems tinkering with the spd, it will be a blast, as long as I get 'em to operate.
I could even go with some tinkering of the bios if needs be, as long as the darn chips will go.

So, anyone got a newsflash for me?

Paxmax said:
I would like it to work with nforce2 motherboard. Any chance of that happening?
So, anyone got a newsflash for me?

Interesting, keep us posted. I'd be interested in 2gb too for my NF7-S if it works out.
Good Luck!!!

Looking at a memory compatible guide on nvidia there are two compatible 1gig memeories out there:

One is infineon DDR266 with 128x64 arrangement
Other is ATP ELECTRONICS DDR33 1GB 128M X 64 cas2 AG28L64T8SMB3S

Now, whats the difference between NCP module (128x4 advertised) and this ATP 128x64 arrangement?

Is it like 16 chips x 4bit wide = x 64 ?
Would it mean a 16 chip stick with 128x4 chips = 128x64?

Cuz, if ATP and some Infineon works at nForce2 with 128x64 arrangement, then possibly the darn NCP 000437 will work.

No module was listed for nforce2 as DDR400 1gig compatible.

I've tried several combos like setting meemspeed to DDR200/DDR266 with settings 3-3-3-8 and still no go. No boot, just fans whirring and a fat black screen.

Paxmax said:
Looking at a memory compatible guide on nvidia there are two compatible 1gig memeories out there:

One is infineon DDR266 with 128x64 arrangement
Other is ATP ELECTRONICS DDR33 1GB 128M X 64 cas2 AG28L64T8SMB3S

Now, whats the difference between NCP module (128x4 advertised) and this ATP 128x64 arrangement?

Is it like 16 chips x 4bit wide = x 64 ?
Would it mean a 16 chip stick with 128x4 chips = 128x64?

Cuz, if ATP and some Infineon works at nForce2 with 128x64 arrangement, then possibly the darn NCP 000437 will work.

No module was listed for nforce2 as DDR400 1gig compatible.

I've tried several combos like setting meemspeed to DDR200/DDR266 with settings 3-3-3-8 and still no go. No boot, just fans whirring and a fat black screen.

Do you have the possibility to make a SPD dump ?
Whit the Thaiphoon Burner ?

If you can, borrow some ones computer, read the SPD from the NCP 000437 and send it to me.
I will the SPD data.

Do they work at all? , how many do you have 1 or 2 gb sticks ?
At this moment ddr timing settings are no help.. if the cant boot in your pc?

or try to boot them mixed whit other memorys that works on your computer..
Just to read the SPD data.

*Whew!* Gigge is in da house!

Ok here goes, orginal "NCP 000437"(1gig PC3200) dump:
org_ncp_0437.jpg

I can send the .thp if you just PM me your mailadress gigge.
Thx alot for helping out!

The stick does NOT work at all in my Nforce2 U400 board (Soltek SL-75FRNL)

It starts fine, boots at 1024meg, runs memtest 3-4 loops no errors (cas 2.5 DDR333) in my KT400 board.

My refund from PayPal went through today.

For those not having luck getting a refund directly from the seller and wanting to get a refund via PayPal, here is what I had to do:

First I filed a 'not as described' complaint with PayPal, I stated I requested a specific make and model from the seller (and he agreed) and that I received a different make/model which was incompatible.
On the first go around the seller disagreed, apparently claiming that what he sent, while not exact, was '100% compatible' (which we all know it isn't)
Eventually I was asked to obtain independent third party proof of my complaint. After a few attempts I finally got what PayPal was looking for. After finding some compatibility sheets online and obtained from email from Advanced Modules, and having a local computer store test the NCP memory I received for $30 I got a letter I faxed to PayPal stating that the memory I received was not compatible with my system, but the memory I requested would have been compatible.
I then got authorization from PayPal to send the memory back to the seller and was told to get a tracking number and supply it to PayPal (I did)

Of course the seller tried to cause problems again, by not being around for the first few delivery attempts (I found out that USPS deliver, for example, will return to sender after three missed delivery attempts, so he may have been trying to trigger that.)

A few days after I received notification that the package had been successfully delivered, I sent a followup email to PayPal (perhaps not needed) - and 24-hrs later they notified me that everything was finalized, and the money was redeposited into my PayPal account.

In my instance I purchased 4 sticks of the memory (for a total of $233 with S&H) - I requested that the majority of my S&H fees be reimbursed, since it was obvious by the packaging and shipping label that he had spent less than $3 in S&H. Even though I only asked for $230 in refund, PayPal refunded the full $233.

Basically it took me 2 months, $30 and a lot of patience to get my refund, but atleast the seller won't get any of my money.

Good Luck to the rest of you trying to get this guy make good!

What's also important is after enough forced refunds, PayPal will pull their account.

awdorrin said:
My refund from PayPal went through today.

For those not having luck getting a refund directly from the seller and wanting to get a refund via PayPal, here is what I had to do:

-deleted text about his hard honest work-

Basically it took me 2 months, $30 and a lot of patience to get my refund, but atleast the seller won't get any of my money.

Good Luck to the rest of you trying to get this guy make good!
Great job awdorrin!
Shame that it had to come down to having to spend $30 just to prove he is wrong, you should be reimbursed foir that too, after all, he was guilty of being ignorant and stupid.

It's a real shame I found this thread AFTER purchase... damn... well I have to wait for help from gigge, maybe these NCP sticks will run with a modified spd.

streetkid said:
whys this fags shipping outrageous?
That is how ebay works, suddenly people have to climb mountains on top of krypton and that is why it costs 15 dollars to ship a beanie baby. People want to raise their profit margin so thats what they do.

streetkid said:
whys this **** shipping outrageous?

I believe because ebay and paypal transaction fees are based on the selling price of an item, and that S&H is not included.

So, this guy sells the memory for: cost + ebay fee + paypal fee and then makes his profit by charging outrageous shipping fees and 'insurance'.

To top it off, even if you return the memory to him and he does refund your original purchase price (without S&H) he still makes significant money.

The biggest problem (besides this guy being a piece of garbage) - is that EBay apparently does not care enough about its customer base to pursue people like this. Numerous email messages I sent to EBay with my concerns about this guy resulted in nothing but form letters back.

Beware of the high feedback ratings because they are not all they are cracked up to be.

I bought 2 sticks of 1GB Advanced Modules, one of the sticks was deffective, so I e-mailed him and told him he can just replace the stick and that I dont need a refund. He said to send the stick back and everything is fine.

I recieve e-mail on the 19th that he has recieved my stick and has found it in working order and that another will be shipped in 3-10 business days... today is business day 11, I e-maield him yesterday and today and not a single responce.

If i dont get a "sent" e-mail in the next 4 days I'm going to ask for a refund of the stick he has, as I doubt he'll give me the refund for the stick I didnt send, as its past his short ass policy.

If I do end up getting the refund, anyone interested in either a) selling me 1 1GB stick of working Advanced Modules ram chip, or b) buying a working Advanced Modules ram chip from me at a discount from what I paid for it, but mine guaranteed to work (I'm using it as I type) ???

e-bay: Black_Iria
heat: Iria

Turn around time from this guy is long. I am still in the process of getting one of my orders that was placed in September straightened out. He does seem to be trying to make things right, it was just that I was sent wrong or defective memory each time (First, I asked for the BGA memory type modules, but were sent ones that were not compatible with my system, then I was sent modules that were compatible, but had memtest errors, then I was sent PC2700, and once again sent 2 modules, while one worked, the other didn't). I am sure you will get the replacement sooner or later, but it just takes way too damn long. Even the original shipping takes over 2 weeks. I do have a few sets that I have from him that work well. Right now I am just waiting on another stick, so I am in the same situation you are, Iria.

That wasn't like a home address/phone, it's contact information for a commercial vendor's store.

hope this works Jos... I'm starting to regret getting involved with this seller =/ ...

well... I filed a fraud claim with PayPal with the following statement:

I purchased 2 1 GB sticks of PC3200 ram for the purposes of runing them in Dual Channel... which requires 2 perfectly identical piece of ram by type, brand, dencity, working voltage, and ammount of pins. One of the 1 GB sticks was not functional, I spoke with the seller and sent it in for an RMA... on the 19th of December I recieved an e-mail stating that he has recieved the stick that was not functional and that the RMA process would take 3-10 business days. I e-mailed the seller during this 3-10 business day period requesting updates and was told that I would be informed when the new stick finaly shipped out. When the notification was late by one or two business days I e-mailed him again, and he said this was due to weekends and the post office having a holiday. Alright, so I waited a few more days... it is now January 11th, and I am begining to believe that the seller has no intention of sending out the RMA piece of ram, because this is business day 18, or 17 (if you subtract the extra monday the post office wasnt working, but he could have still processed the RMA). It is one stick of ram, to put it in the unsafe packaging he uses and mail it out to me would have taken less time than answering all of the e-mails I sent him, so this situation boggles the mind. I sent him another e-mail 2 days ago, and he just got back to me saying he making an inquiry. I had a deadline by which to build a system, and he had a written standard which he broke. It is this experience that has led me to believe the seller has no intention of returning the RMA stick of Ram, and without an identical pair, the Dual Channel function for which 2 identical piece were bought for does not function, hence I cant even use the 1 working stick of the pair he sent the way it was designed to be used on my motherboard (in dual channel). I would be more than happy to ship back the one working stick just like I shipped the broken one for a full refund of this horrible transaction.

He apparently dissagrees and we're in the final stage where an independent investigation is going on.

I know Jos you said to wait, but he has a written standard of 3-10 business days, and I had a deadline by which to build the system... this is outright bull**** for someone with as high of a PayPal rating as him. Its been 18 business days, 6x his minimum and almost double his maximum RMA period. Which is why I think the guy doenst intend to send it at all, not to mention it would have been easier and faster to send than even read my e-mails. Unless ofcourse he doesnt have one (matching) or is just dicking me around on the RMA process... bingo... ?

hmmmm the rumor that there was some affordable memory that put a new twist on ddr...cant recall though

If anyone is interested in one of these sticks, let me know

I have one stick available (not using anymore). The stick has the Square BGA Advance Modules ICs (uglies that are preferred) on them and the memory works fine in all the AMD setups (listed below) so far:

DFI nforce4 ultra-d
Biostar Tforce 939
ECS nforce3 S754 board

lmk if anyone is intersted in them. I will sell it for my cost (was 59, i think..will double check again)+ $1 shipping (USPS First class mail).

thanks

gssethi said:
If anyone is interested in one of these sticks, let me know

I have one stick available (not using anymore). The stick has the Square BGA Advance Modules ICs on them and the memory works fine in all the AMD setups (listed below) so far:

DFI nforce4 ultra-d
Biostar Tforce 939
ECS nforce3 S754 board

lmk if anyone is intersted in them. I will sell it for my cost (was 69, i think..will double check again)+ $1 shipping (USPS First class mail).

thanks

I got mine for $45 plus shipping...

Yeah, 45 + shipping of 12 = $57. I ended up getting everything squared away. It only took a few (three) months. Oh well. I ended up with an extra 2 gigs that he sent me, which was kewl. So all in all I ended up with 6*1GB modules for ~ $250 with all the shipping back and forth. The memory is actually decent. 2*1 GB "uglies" 2*1 GB regular Advance Modules, and 2*1 GB NCP. The uglies are running @ 200 MHZ 2-3-3-6 1T in my ASUS A8R MVP. The regular Advance Modules are running @ 200 MHZ 2.5-3-3-7 1T in my DFI NF3 250Gb, and the NCP are running @ 192 MHz (Can do 200 MHz, but using divider) 3-3-3-8 2T in my ASRock Dual SATAII, all with no errors in Memtest.

Wow this thread is still going?
Fry's/Outpost is now offering DDR 2GB Corsair Value Ram Kits for $110AR from time to time.
I highly suggest trying to get that instead. It overclocks much better than this and is low-density so it works in just about anything.
There is also no problem reaching the seller or lifetime warranty worries.

Got my stick today, turned out to be NCP. Didn't work at all with my Asrock 939Dual-SATA, which has an ULi chipset, which is guaranteed to work in his auction, so I'm asking for an AM replacement with the square chips. Hope this goes through!

Wow. This thread is back? I am currently using 2*NCP 1GB sticks in my ASRock Dual Sata II. I am using 245 HTT with 11 multiplier and the 166 memory divider for ~ 192 MHz on the memory. This is with 3-3-3-8 timings at 2T (oh well, I do not notice the difference between 1T and 2T for the tasks on the PC). They are in the slots furthest away from the CPU. They have been working fine for ~ 3 months.

Hmm, odd. What's the number on the sticks, and which BIOS? I can't get it to boot no matter what...

Anyone have any reallife experience with these sticks and a Iram...if they work might pickup a couple more IRAM's

Dead Deal

This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (#6791459004) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back