1gb's or 2gb's that is thee question? What should I buy.

Serge84

Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231047

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820148007

What would be better for my games? I play everything and anything. Getting ready for Elder Scrolls 4. So any other ram would help to know in your all's oppinion will be better even if its not these. I can't go above $145. Will I ever use 2gb's of memory. Will 1Gb be enough. I could go all performance with 1Gb or all memory with 2gb's pritty much unlimited 2gb's makes it.

I have 1 stick of 512mb's of OCZ DDR600 now. I'm thinking of getting a refund. I can't get a 2nd stick because they are impossable to find anymore in 1 stick. From everywhere I looked atleast. Doesn't give me the performance I wished the extera speed would have. So I need more memory. I beleave 2gb's will be best for games. Now just what memory to pick.

I got alot more money then that its just I'm going to get other stuff with it. I want to limit how much I spend on stuff. Games, sound card, better heatsink fan, stuff like that for comp wise.

All the games I played where on 512mb's of ram. I got away with it for too long. Lack of memory for a better word is been limiting me in games. Great for benching, but not for playing games.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231013

Woo yet BH-5's are so damn tempting...

never mind this is the memory I'm getting. Best I ever seen at a price that low.

son of a B*TCH. i just bought those G.Skill sticks for 150.99. now they're $5 cheaper (after 4 freaking days!)... i say go for those. that price is definitely nice.

killedaway said:
son of a B*TCH. i just bought those G.Skill sticks for 150.99. now they're $5 cheaper (after 4 freaking days!)... i say go for those. that price is definitely nice.

XDDDD Well tell me how you like them when you get them. I just ordered them. God I can't wait to woop the s*it out of all the memory I ever had with this stuff. Just way better performing then any memory I ever seen. It can do like 550/600mhz or so with 2-2-2-5 at about 3.3v 3.6v ofcorse. lol I love those evil specs. Ma hahahaha even better then BH-5 VX OCZ's.

Dude now they are $138 lol

the 2gb kit should be the one you get. I've had mine for a week and they rule. 2GB of slower ram beats 1gb of faster ram every time when Windows takes 300MB for itself and your game needs 1.3 GB (BF2). Nothing is slower than a swap file. Avoid swapping at all, and you win.

Selecter said:
the 2gb kit should be the one you get. I've had mine for a week and they rule. 2GB of slower ram beats 1gb of faster ram every time when Windows takes 300MB for itself and your game needs 1.3 GB (BF2). Nothing is slower than a swap file. Avoid swapping at all, and you win.

Well I still could get it. Is that ram you have double sided?

i'd go for the 2gb. games are requiring more and more memory. cant go wrong with 2gb for $145. i went from 1gb to 2gb and the difference is huge. my games load quicker and have less hd seek. windows doesnt chunk at all after playing a game.

Haste266 said:
i'd go for the 2gb. games are requiring more and more memory. cant go wrong with 2gb for $145. i went from 1gb to 2gb and the difference is huge. my games load quicker and have less hd seek. windows doesnt chunk at all after playing a game.

Yeah those reviews convinced me too. I'm going with 2gb's.

best to go with 2x1gb in an AMD system due to the command rate having to be dropped to 2t when running 4 sticks of mem. plus two sticks uses less power and generates less heat than 4 sticks.

Yeh I got the red G. Skillz. for 145 they own - unles you really gotta hit 250 fsb, go with these. I got 222 out of mine game stable at stock timings at 2.7 volts. Not the best, but I didnt pay for the best.

2GB of anything > 1GB of anything unless all you do is benchmark. You actually want to USE the computer? Get 2GB.

now i have 4x 512mb modules, after seen that vista will use about 1gb i was thinking my next system should have 4gb of ram or 2x 2gb modules. i am getting that in 2-4 months.

Has anyone used the 2G GSkills with a A8V Deluxe motherboard? It is a picky mobo and I could not find any compatability specs on GSkills site.

I would go with 2gb. When I load up windows, 300mb is already used and then when I al-tab out of BF2 I notice it's eating over 1200mb alone. It's really worth it if you can put in 2gb especially for Elder Scolls Oblivion which is also why I upgraded.
I want 4gb :D

I have one stick of this 1Gb of Gskill and a old 256mb stick of kingston hyper x. Damn just that much really makes a difference. I'll get a 2nd stick very soon so i have 2gb's in all. Very nice, never run out of memory in FEAR and I can just play it on all out max like before but... Between 30/60 FPS. Awsome! Faster and smoother then before. This memory is kick ass. Now my card uses 256mb's of my system memory so now its registered as 512mb's of buffering memory. :D

got my G.Skill back from RMA (from Newegg), and i can see the difference in EVERY way. i can run quake 4 at ultra quality with 2 browser windows open, AIM, and more with no stuttering and no troubles when alt tabbing.

@shivexx

man I want to know the same thing...

this board is so picky. I have a set of ballistix in the closet that are worthless on this board. and I have tried some pc4000 512mb patriot sticks from my socketA box that don't work either.

What I have learned is that you want ram with as tight of timings as you can get, because with this board you will be wanting to keep the ram at 200mhz.

2GB didn't make a big difference to me.... Until I downgraded to 1GB. Then I noticed it. I hate it when you upgrade and don't notice the difference, then you downgrade and you notice that shit right away!!!!!

Go for the 2GB. With the prices so low, go for it. If you don't need it now, you will later.

Back