1PM Shell Shocker: Kingston SSDNow V+100 KR-S1296-3H 2.5" 96GB $90AR

I've had this drive for a month now and haven't crashed once even while running Vista (I know I know). Boot is about 20 seconds after post, applications are instant. If you don't have an SSD this is a good choice.

DO IT NOW!

OK i bit. Used my preferred account that i had gotten years ago and i should get $15 back in 1-2 billing cycles since its over $100, but ill pay it off right away so i dont pay any interest. Total cost in the end for me should be $75.

OK i bit. Used my preferred account that i had gotten years ago and i should get $15 back in 1-2 billing cycles since its over $100, but ill pay it off right away so i dont pay any interest. Total cost in the end for me should be $75.

I have the last gen 64gb drive (v series) and it's been great no problems, had it over a year now. I believe there is a firmware update for this drive I recommend doing it right when you get the drive.

I like it. It's not the fastest drive on the market but it's pretty fast (given that i come from a raid0 mechanical drives). I have not experience any stablility or bsod issues. So far so good. For $82 for 96 GB i think it's really a good drive. Bought it from NeweggBusiness. :D

You Likey? No stability or bsod issues?

I think I'll get the two Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK drives and throw them in RAID 0 as suggested by HARDOCP.

I think I'll get the two Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK drives and throw them in RAID 0 as suggested by HARDOCP.

I would love to do that too and im sure it will perform great, but its also ~$450 worth of drives.

Google knows nothing about Kingston "KR-S1296-3H" ... is it the same as the V+ 100 "SVP100S2" model? I even checked the official web site -- that model # doesn't exist! Is it like async vs sync nand memory? Or 3 year vs 90 day warranty?

Last edited:
I've had this drive for a month now and haven't crashed once even while running Vista (I know I know). Boot is about 20 seconds after post, applications are instant. If you don't have an SSD this is a good choice.

Renix, we need to start a collection fund (or maybe an intervention) to get you off of Vista. :D

Kingston HyperX SSD's are awesome if you can afford it.

Here is a screen with 2 of them in Raid 0.

asssdbenchelmy862011649.png

By elmnator at 2011-08-06

Back