1st Custom WC

Dawgdoc

Limp Gawd
Heres what Ive got so far. Am I missing something? Some little odds or ends? I will be cooling an 8800 GTX, and at this point in time Q6600, which will very shortly turn into an E8400 once Im done benching it.

I was all ready to do this about 3-4 months ago, and then someone convinced me to go subzero instead. Well...now Im back to finish up what I planned on starting. I am planning on making a custom WC loop that is as quiet as possible.

CPU : D-tek FuZion, Nozzle Accelerator Kit, Pro Mount Kit for FuZion

GPU : Swifttech MCW60-R + swifttech ramsinks

Rad : PA 120.3 + shroud

Fans : Antech tricool 120mm X 3. Can I use these fans? I got a killer deal at Microcenter $1.99 each and I loaded up with like a dozen If these are going to be too loud or some other issue I can get different ones without much of an issue.

Pump : Swifftech MCP655 vario

Tubing : Clearflex 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD - 25 feet. Yea more than I need, but its cheap and I always like extra pieces in case of mistakes, or future uses. Ill prob actually bump this up to 30-35 ft in case I plan on changing something on the fly later too.

Clamps : What do you think? "worm-clamps" or some of the fancy plastic clamp clips I see at petras, jab-tech, sidewinder, etc...?

Res or T-line or Fill-port: Which one and why? Im not really sure what would be easiest? One of those DD fill-ports looks about as simple and easy as possible and Im leaning towards that.

Do I need any special additives for the liquid? Any special cleaners for the parts when they arrive new?

Mounting the rad......Im having trouble visualizing this. I have one of those HUGE rocketfish cases from BB that I was planning to use, so I was going to mount the rad INSIDE of the case. I know I will need to cut some holes in the top to mod the case, and Im ok with that. If I mount INSIDE the case do I still need a shroud? How will I mount the rad? Just rig it with some screws, or nuts/bolts, or does it come with mounting equipment?

Do I need any different/extra nozzles for the rad?

Also, do I lose any cooling capacity by mounting the rad inside of the case as opposed to outside? How much louder would it be mounted outside of the case?

Its alot of questions I know But Id really appreciate any input and thx in advance!

I'd get Masterkleer tubing over the stuff you chose, just because it's easier to work with, and provides a better seal.

I'd get worm drive clamps. Plastic ones are for sissies.

Res = easier filling and bleeding of your air. Tline = more compact and slightly better flow... But harder to bleed. I use a Tline since it makes tube routing easier, and I value a good looking loop.

Additives or cleaners? Well, I soak all copper parts (and the radiator) in vinegar for awhile, before use, and use either copper sulfate (PT nuke from petrastechshop) or tincture of iodine (from the drug store) as an antimicrobial. No need for any antifreeze or anything in your loop.

Generally, mounting the rad outside the case should increase it's noise by 3-4dba... And the performance difference is minimal if your case airflow is good.

I'm not too sure how you should mount the rad... I'd just use screws though, like you said.

Back