1tb wd green drive.. price is still high.. why

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so I bought a 1tb hard drive 2 years ago… $110
Well now my whs saved me this weekend… I want to get 2 more… as I currently have 1-1tb and 2x500gb….
My part number is wd10eacs-00zjb0

Now if I google it and click shopping.. there is one on ebay for $109 but other than that.. the rest are
$248-$378!!!! WHY!!!!!

I did find newegg with 1tb drives for $74 plus free shipping…
I just cant see why this drive is still so much….as i would like to stay consistant...

With whs you don't need the same exact model so just pick up any WD Green 1TB you can find, no need to be consistent with model numbers.

Yeah, as parts get rarer and rarer (new models and revisions etc) price usually goes up.

WHS doesn't matter on drives as they are all stored in a "pool"

EACS versions were the first models.. there's been a few revisions since then.. EADS EVDS, etc.

Like DDR2 you could have bought for $45 for 2x2G back in the day... prices went up due to newer models coming along.

Not incuding people like me that look for older revisions to enable TLER for Raid. (since the newer ones are unchangeable)

yeah i know it is a pool of drives.. and know that you dont have to keep them all the same...
it was just rather odd the price difference....

i have to search as a guy at work said he bought a 2tb drive for $85... ill get 2 of them then.... i am really liking WHS... and the duplicate files....

Just a headsup.

The brand new WD Drives - the 64mb cache EARS part number, may not play nice with WHS. Would suggest sticking to the EADS model numbers.

Just a headsup.

The brand new WD Drives - the 64mb cache EARS part number, may not play nice with WHS. Would suggest sticking to the EADS model numbers.

Where did you see that? If you set the jumper correctly there should be no problem with using it in WHS.

I have 4x1TB WD GREEN and wish I went black on them.
The 640GB black are noticeably faster for me.

Back