1x 2405FPW or 2x 2001FP

mojy2k

n00b
Just wondering which one you would go for seeing how they are roughly the same price? :D

Cheers

hmmm, it's all about what you want. do you want one large monitor, or 2 barely smaller. you do get more viewable desktop with the 2 20"s.

yep its all about what you want :D
i myself have never used dual monitor setup, but wouldn't mind..
but then if i was given a choice i would choose 1 24inch ;)

No question, I would personally go with 2 20's.

You can use the second as a reading pane, a television, web pages, coding...

I am much more productive with 2 monitors, regardless of the resolution with 1. I tend to use all of the resolution fo a single monitor when it is available.

I would get 1x 24 inch for myself since I already have a good CRT I can use as a secondary.

Like all the above, it depends on what you want to do.

Right now I have one 24" and it great for widescreen games or watching movies.

I sold my 2 20's, and actually those were probably better for multitasking, bigger desktops, or just showing off for the "Wow" factor (at this size, two screens are more impressive than one).

So, just depends what you want your priorities to be. On the other hand...two 24" is best of both worlds..but at those prices, you might as well go for a big screen HDTV.

Depends completely on your style of course. For a media/game-oriented person, the single monitor is a no-brainer. For a heavy multitasker, the dual monitors would work better. One might also mention, good or bad, that dual monitors really screams "geek"--take it or leave it.

I would prefer a singal large LCD.... i dont see any reason to use 2, unless somehow i could play a game on one and still see apps running on the secounds in windows...

Also might want to wait for viewsonics new LCDs. they look bitchen, and got great specs....

I'd rather have one 2405FPW. While having two 2005FPW's would be nice in theory, it's just overkill for any application IMO. Also, I have a tiny desk and would already have to remove the hutch just to be able to fit a 2405, but that's just me :D

I(illa Bee said:
I would prefer a singal large LCD.... i dont see any reason to use 2, unless somehow i could play a game on one and still see apps running on the secounds in windows...

Wait? Having dual monitors does not allow you to do this? Then what's the point!

agentzero9 said:
Wait? Having dual monitors does not allow you to do this? Then what's the point!

are you sure, when i had my dual viewsonic 22" 815pfs when ever i started a game the secoundary woudl go black.

I had twin dell 1703fp's a year ago and my secondary monitor went black during gameplay as well.

Depends on the game and what setup you have your dual monitors on... there are a lot of different setups but mainly dualview, span, clone... using dualview you'll get a one-screen taskbar but your apps will stay up in 2nd monitor, OR if you flip the monitors LOGICALLY in Display Properties\Settings then you can have Fullscreen on both... =] Looked great having fullscreen WoW on left and fullscreen tv on right on my dual 21's ;) :D

Nice response guys :)

I can always get a 2001FP in few months so best of both worlds lol :D and also prices would most probably *hopefully* drop.

i would go for hte duals

i love having two moniters - its awesome for research and general multitasking. i have source on one screen and word on the other. i got my papers done much faster when my mom was out of town and i stole her moniter :p (we have the same one)

for me, it was just easier to concentrate when i had everything in front of me like that

Not to hijack the thread but, I have a follow up question about this topic...

What would you rather have?

2 x 2001FP
Or
1 x 2405FPW and a 17 inch LCD

TehQuick said:
OpenGL hate dual-setups me thinks... :D

True. You guys probably have NVidia cards, no?

I just remembered that my 2nd monitor is actually my HDTV, and that when I play games I can still see my apps on the 2nd monitor. This is on a 9800pro. Whew.

agentzero9 said:
True. You guys probably have NVidia cards, no?

I just remembered that my 2nd monitor is actually my HDTV, and that when I play games I can still see my apps on the 2nd monitor. This is on a 9800pro. Whew.
What are the issues with running OpenGL with dual screens on an NVidia card (lets say a quadro 4400FX)?

Back