2.1-> 5.1 upgradable system

Jospeh

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to build a 2.1 system now and upgrade to 5.1 later so I don't have to spend a lot of money all at once.
I don't have a set budget but lets say around 300-400$ for the upgradable 2.1 system.

How big is your space?
How many people are looking to entertain at once?

Pick up a receiver and a pair of bookshelf speakers and entry-level subwoofer off of eBay would be my suggestion. It's probably doable at $400.

Also... Spend most of money on a quality subwoofer.

For $400...
$250 on subwoofer
$100 on 2 speakers
$50 for a receiver on craigslist or eBay

dinlee23, he can't upgrade that to a 5.1 setup easily.

I assume he just suggested his own gear, lol.

i actually dont own any of those two lol i use AV40's for my PC and some JVC's for the TV :) theyr about as good as u can get for 400 dollars though... u can upgrade it to a 4.1 easily but ud be having troubly trying for a 5.1 setup since the sub doesnt have a center channel. if you really want a real 5.1 i suggest u get a reciever and some passive bookshelves and a real sub like those 1000 watters lol. itll cost you a grand but hey its worth it lol

Sorry guys I was quite busy lately. I don't need to cover a large area with this system. Mostly just personal gaming and such. Smallish room.

1. Why do you recommend spending most of the money on a subwoofer?

2. What about going for a 2.0 setup (same price range) and getting the subwoofer later?

Sorry guys I was quite busy lately. I don't need to cover a large area with this system. Mostly just personal gaming and such. Smallish room.

1. Why do you recommend spending most of the money on a subwoofer?

2. What about going for a 2.0 setup (same price range) and getting the subwoofer later?

+1 on getting a 2.0 setup and get a sub later

those cheap 2.1 setups like the z2300 have nothing on bookshelf speakers and a real sub

Back