2.5 sata

ipam45

Gawd
i took a 2.5 sata hd from my laptop. i accidentally deleted all the partition on that drive. i tried to connect it to my desktop to see if i can't access it, but i can't see it with Partition Magic. even thou it shows up in my bios. all the space inside is unallocated so i can't access it. Can anyone help me!!!

Thanks
jack

http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

I tried a couple of these data recovery software. GetDataBack for NTFS was the most successful in managing to find and recover most of the files on my corrupted Seagate 7200.8 400GB IDE drives.

There is a free (but crippled) demo version that can be downloaded so you can see if GetDataBack can successfully find the deleted partition/data. If the hard drive is big (like my 400GB HD) and has bad sectors, it can take several HOURS for GetDataBack to analyze and discover the partitions/files on that hard drive. After you look through the results (list of partitions/files that GetDataBack discovered on that hard drive), you can decide if you want to go ahead and pay for the actual software to recover the partition/files.

Note: There are separate downloadable versions (one for NTFS, another for FAT32). You can just pay for one version first (when the license key is emailed to you, the company will also offer to sell you the other version at a reduced price).

Whatever you do, make sure you don't write to the hard drive that contains the accidently deleted partition. Writing to the hard drive may greatly reduce the success of recovering from that accidental deletion. In other words, don't download/install GetDataBack or any file recovery software onto the hard drive with the missing data! Download/install onto a different working hard drive.

Back