2 loop single pump

BloodyIron

2[H]4U
I saw somewhere a single pump that can deal with two independent loops, so as to save on space. I was hoping to look into such a pump for a small project I am designing soon. I don't remember which one I saw it as, but I was hoping I could get some recommendations for such a pump. Please?

I'm not sure how seperate you can make the loops with a single pump. The water will meet at the pump if there is only one. Assuming that this is alright, you can take a strong pump depending on how big those loops are and your budget and split it at the outlet, and then reverse the split at the inlet.
if the loops aren't too big, you might be able to get away with a ddc 3.25 with a ek top and use a bitspower 2 to split to two 3/8 lines at the outlet, and a similar set up on the inlet.
If you got more money and/or a bigger loop, you can use an ikawa rd-30, which should handle just about any two loops. Of course, the ikawa is about as big as two ddc 3.25, so it might be defeating your purpose of saving space, as you can easily fit two small pumps in the same space.

You can probably find a pump that can power both loops, but I don't think there is any reason to do two separate loops with one pump. Your water is going to meet at some point and you are going to eventually have uniform temps in both loops. It would probably be cleaner to just run one loop with multiple radiators versus two complete separate loops. It will probably keep your flow rate a little higher and I would think it would keep your temps about the same as two separate loops with the same pump.

I have seen one reservoir that has two separate tanks which can in turn be attached to two pumps, made by XSPC

Back