2 mouse one PC, Advisable?

Leepox

Limp Gawd
Hello guys, i was planning to have to mouse, one for gaming one for brosing. Im worried that the gaming mouse (razer) performance would be affected if i got two mouse hooked up as driver conflicts can happen (I Assume so)

is it advisable or not?

As long as you only install the driver for the Razer, Windows will use the default driver for the other mouse.

Technically, I've got 3 mice on my system. 1 Bluetooth, 1 wireless, and 1 Razer.

yup.. the only other thing you gotta watch out for is is that you have to move the none gameing mouse out of the way, and make sure it cant move... if its a lazer type, and you leave it on a surface, it may pick up every so often and screw up your aim, ditto goes for a ball mouse.. but who uses them any more..:p

Thanks a lot guys, that is really good to hear. Its just that i dont want to mess up a $70 mouse just because half of the time i was clicking on links on webpages :D

Im getting a wireless microsoft which you can switch on and off so it should be good :D

I did, up until yesterday, used an MX Revolution and Razer Diamondback on the same system. My Razer just died so I must replace it, but I did have both plugged in at all times and had both drivers installed for both. They operated on independent mouse speeds and worked great together; just make sure you keep the gaming mouse out of the way when doing work.

Thanks a lot mate, that strongly verifies the very same position that i am in :D

oh if you dont mind me asking, how old is your razer mouse until it died?

Why would you need two mice...? Just get a Logitech G9 and you can browse and game all day, it is the smoothest mouse I have ever used.

Almost every laptop user has dual mice.

One touchpad or stick that is always active, and an addin mouse for gaming.

Noones ever had a problem or conflict that I've heard of.

Thanks a lot mate, that strongly verifies the very same position that i am in :D

oh if you dont mind me asking, how old is your razer mouse until it died?

3/15/2007 7:27:38 PM

That is the exact time and date (went through my Newegg orders and found it). I am not 100% sure that the mouse is dead, but every time I am in game it flickers on and off (internal light) and I lose response. I have moved USB ports, rebooted, re-installed my OS (not just because of the mouse), but it still has the same problems.

guess my theory that mouse lives are approx 1 year is true :D My last two mice died within a year... this razer as a replacement hopefully will outlive them. But same time next year i might be posting a thread about this if it does happen. Im already jinxing it. Thanks

guess my theory that mouse lives are approx 1 year is true :D My last two mice died within a year... this razer as a replacement hopefully will outlive them. But same time next year i might be posting a thread about this if it does happen. Im already jinxing it. Thanks

Your observation is incorrect and your sample size is way too small. For instance, I have a Logitech Optical mouse that still works and it has been thrown, smashed on, and beaten. It is like 7 years old.

Then I have a Logitech MX1000. It still works, the battery life is still measured in 10's of hours, and it tracks as well as it did when I purchased it in September of 2005.

my logitech optical is still going strong on my old computer, also 7 years old. its my favorite mouse shape, easy to move with the fingertips, i bought another one for my latest computer.

OP: pffffffft how come you got replies and I didn't?!?! asked the same question awhile ago.

oh well......no i know :D I plan on getting a MX620 for web design/casual use and then my diamondback for gaming.

My Logitech MX500 is about 5 years old, and is still going strong. It doesn't look very good anymore, but still works perfectly. More often than not, my mice have outlasted the rest of the computer.

I have a 5 year old MX900 and a 4 year old Mediaplay that are both still going strong, along with a whole bunch of older basic optical and even ball mice that still work fine. Logitech makes stuff that lasts, from personal experience.

3/15/2007 7:27:38 PM

That is the exact time and date (went through my Newegg orders and found it). I am not 100% sure that the mouse is dead, but every time I am in game it flickers on and off (internal light) and I lose response. I have moved USB ports, rebooted, re-installed my OS (not just because of the mouse), but it still has the same problems.

Was it a Habu? Or the razer equivalent?

It's bad soldering by the USB cable... my Microsoft Habu (made by razer) did the same shit after like 2 months, microsoft gave me no hassle and sent me a new mouse for free...

Was it a Habu? Or the razer equivalent?

It's bad soldering by the USB cable... my Microsoft Habu (made by razer) did the same shit after like 2 months, microsoft gave me no hassle and sent me a new mouse for free...

No, my razer is a Diamonback (non-3G version). I love razer mice but they have never lasted me very long. My close friends have been using the same ones for years but mine never last more than a year. I am not upset because I always like to change of my mice, keyboards, etc. so it gives me a reason to switch it up. :)

Itll work fine.

I have a optical mouse for gaming, and a trackball for surfing, etc. Best set up ever.

Your observation is incorrect and your sample size is way too small. For instance, I have a Logitech Optical mouse that still works and it has been thrown, smashed on, and beaten. It is like 7 years old.

Then I have a Logitech MX1000. It still works, the battery life is still measured in 10's of hours, and it tracks as well as it did when I purchased it in September of 2005.

I got my MX1000 around that time as well (maybe a bit earlier). Original battery and takes at least a week to kill it. Amazing. Best $83 spent on hardware ever.

Back