2 questions about Best Buy's BF

Kabob

2[H]4U
Didn't know what forum to put this in so I thought I'd as here (since it's all about the hot deals).

This will be my first BF rush. What time to the Best Buy stores open and typically how early does one need to be there to get the hot deals (trying to score the cheap 32" Westinghouse LCD)?

Probably before 12AM if you're in a big town. I'm camping at 9PM for the Westinghouse. =D

I can't remember where I read it, but they're going to start handing out vouchers to buy most of the stuff in the ads starting at 4am, so you probably want to be there by then.

Parja said:
I can't remember where I read it, but they're going to start handing out vouchers to buy most of the stuff in the ads starting at 4am, so you probably want to be there by then.
Yep, that's what CC did last year. What I did last year was:

9pm/10pm @ CompUSA(2hrs before they opened)
12am-6am, Circuit City
7am, Best Buy
8am+, EB Games, Ace Hardware, tertiary priority items.

They hand out vouchers at 4 AM (I assume they hand them out based on where you are in line too...). Good grief, I'm starting to wonder if this is worth it lol! What time would I have to be there to nab a Westy anyways, 2 or 3 AM? Earlier?

I'll be in St. Louis, MO (there's several BB's there though).

Quick question, they don't give rain checks for BF items if they run out, do they? I can't head there at 9 and when they're out get a rain check for that price...

Give you a hint.

There is a pool going at the Best Buy I work at, as to when the first person will show up in line for the Day After. . . .

My money's at 10pm, and I'm fairly sure I'm going to loose.

I dunno, j&r was letting these go for six hundred and something with free shipping. Its just not worth it to save a couple of bucks.

u8myrice said:
Probably before 12AM if you're in a big town. I'm camping at 9PM for the Westinghouse. =D

I WAS going to do this myself, until I educated myself on the westinghouses. Little did I know that the 42" they are selling on BF is not 1080p but only 720p, plus the 42" has so many problems and issues that I'd rather get something a little more expensive and higher quality. If you don't believe me there are threads on it over at avsforums, that said, good luck with camping and hopefully you guys get good working units with few problems and new firmware :)

It's the 32", not the 42", and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Heck, it was the 3rd highest LCD tested in PC Magazine this month (out of 7 or 8) and by far the cheapest.

Dunno why you guys are still fighting over the 42 Westie... when

Panasonic 42"
Plasma HDTV
(TH-42PX60U) 7679185
Save $600 Instantly
999.99 After Instant Savings
Minimum 5 per store.
Limit 1 per customer.
No rainchecks.*

is at Bestbuy.

I'll definitely be there early, just for that and the sub $300 bucks toshiba laptop!

Regards,
BB Camper

creamypie said:
SO when is the best time to camp???

I'd say it's up to how bad you want what your going for, if you want it REALLY BAD, get there at 8/9pm lol :)

Does this apply to every item or just the doorbusters? I want to pick up a Westinghouse 22 monitor or two but I dont get out of work until 3am and have over an hour drive to the closest best buy. I can make it before they open but if the monitors are gone to vouchers then its not worth my time.

Last year, I think we got in line at BBY at about 4. Line already over a hundred people. Good thing is, that once the doors open, they fill it to capacity, which sucks for moving around. You may miss tickets, but can get in, if you get early enough.

Unfortunately this year, I'm not seeing what I want, so may not be going to BBY. got a bud going with me and we had a ball last year. We even thought of sparking one up this time too and then just going and wandering around in the store even if theres nothing to camp for.

Ohh and bring something warm to drink and a buddy. got to have someone hold your spot, if you gotta drain. Or just drop trou in line

You guys should say what city this was in when you are talking about how early you got there and how many people were in line, it will give newcomers a better frame of reference.

Bistro said:

Panasonic 42"
Plasma HDTV
(TH-42PX60U) 7679185
Save $600 Instantly
Minimum 5 per store.
Limit 1 per customer.
No rainchecks.*

is at Bestbuy.

I'll definitely be there early, just for that and the sub $300 bucks toshiba laptop!

Regards,
BB Camper
I didn't see this anywhere? I have the ads me no see this:( Where is it

Im digging the 19" LCD at BB for 129(Samsung), BUT then Microcenter said they have a 19" for 89 but from XZGEN, never heard of this company anyone else heard of them?

Xodus5 said:
Im digging the 19" LCD at BB for 129(Samsung), BUT then Microcenter said they have a 19" for 89 but from XZGEN, never heard of this company anyone else heard of them?
The more important question is, "Who makes the panel that's in that XZGEN?", and Microcenter's return/dead pixel policy. :)

get there early.

take vouchers for all items.

sell vouchers to people further back in line.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

glad to know you're all affected by affluenza. :D I'm no hypocrite, I'll admit i'll be going to best buy after TG

I heard my store is gonna save people some time by putting the products on shopping carts already....

Where are the LCD monitors located usually? Do you have like a booth where they hand them out?

Can anyone comment from expierence on the 32" westy? Also im going to be in Birmingham AL, what time would you think I would need to show up to snag one?

ajacy said:
get there early.

take vouchers for all items.

sell vouchers to people further back in line.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Be careful about selling the tickets/vouchers. Some stores (depending on management) will kick you out of line and take your voucher if you are caught selling it, as this is considered soliciting. I've seen it happen here a few times.

I'm not sure if this is doable, but if I go into BB today, and buy the 22' westy, could I go back on Friday and pricematch it so that it goes down?

Doenst BB have a policy on that?

lmk guys

clickclickw00t said:
I'm not sure if this is doable, but if I go into BB today, and buy the 22' westy, could I go back on Friday and pricematch it so that it goes down?

lmk guys
From what I have read on other sites, all customer service desks are dedicated to checkout only until noon, no pricematching available until noon, which means you would have no chance of getting a pricematch done before noon. Anyone who works at a BB verify?

the important thing to remember is don't go, its not worth it,

Wow, I didn't know crazy people were camping out overnight. I figured I'd just show up around 7 or 8 and pick me up a 42" Westy. Hmmm, may not even be worth going then. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, looking at the model number that they are listing, it isnt the 1080p model for the Westy. They list it as W4207, and the model from Westy is LVM42W2. The 47" has Westy's model number listed. Me thinks its the 'ol bait and switch!! Can anyone at BB verify this?

clickclickw00t said:

lmk guys

That is what I do each year. I picked up the 22" Tuesday, I'll wander in there about 9 or so Friday and do the price match. I did the same thing last year for my 46" DLP. You just got to make sure the one you buy early, is the same model that will be on sale Friday.

Bistro said:

Panasonic 42"
Plasma HDTV
(TH-42PX60U) 7679185
Save $600 Instantly
Minimum 5 per store.
Limit 1 per customer.
No rainchecks.*

is at Bestbuy.

Regards,
BB Camper

im not a tv person. is that a good deal? whats msrp?

Back