2 very quicks questions! x-fi and headset..

AlphexHunter

Limp Gawd
Ok guy's

If I buy the X-fi extreme music will I be able to connect my speakers and my headset both at once in the x-fi card or will I need some kind of programe or I dont know .. or can I just plug my headset anywere and I will get the X-fi perfomance and my 5.1 speakers to the card.

OK seconde question..
I am debathing on witch headset I should get for christmas money is not that much of a big deal.. But I have in mind these 2 ICEMAT SIBERIA+MIC or STEELPAD 5H V2?
(I play lot's of cs 1.6!) but I also love to play LOUD MUSIC and play other types of games then fps... If that will make a better descision on witch headset to pick...

Thank you so much in advance!
And MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-Alex

Can't help you with your selection of a gaming head set; but, deduce from that question that your primary purpose is gaming, and therefore you will be using the analog connection from the Xtreme Music card. As the headphone connection into this card is the first of the 3 analog speaker connections, you would not be able to have the speakers and headphone connected simultaniously; unless, however, your speakers/receiver had a headphone input

If you want to go the headset+speaker route with an XFI, your best bet would be getting the XFI platinum (which i've noticed has come down in price around here at least). Then you can hook your speakers up to the 3 analogue outputs for surround speakers and use the front panel headphone port. Instead of getting some 5.1 headset, i'd recommend a good 2 channel headset. When you plug in the headphone jack to the front it will automute your speakers and switch you to headphone mode. With CMSS3D the surround effects to headphones work extremely well.

My other recommendation would be to get a headphone extension cable and run it to the back for the Mic on your headset. I've seen people having issues with using the front port MIC with certain games.

Here is a poorly drawn mspaint image of what I mean:

headsetkv3.jpg

I have the steelsound 5Hv2 and it is a very good headset. Awesome for gaming as a boosts the lower sounds like walking, etc.

It is NOT a 5.1 headset either so it is not gimmicky, it is decent headset for the price range.

Also, the new 4H provides pretty much the same level of audio performance (almost indistinguishable) and is a lot cheaper ($69 vs $99) since it does not have all the extra features (braided cord, take apart into 3 pieces, etc.)

They are not the BEST for music, but they are absolutely awesome for gaming!

I actually just reviewed all of them on my site at www.techislands.com

The icemat i bet is somewhat similar as it is made by the same company (SteelSeries and Icemat are the same company)

Back