2 X 120mm heatercore>BIX2?

As the title implies. Is that true? Or are they so close as not to matter too much.

Also, how much of a performance improvement can I expect by using one of the above vs. my current setup of my single 120mm rads/fans sandwich? See pic.

New WC setup 014 (Small).jpg

I currently idle at 46c and load at 53c with the rig in my sig.

not sure...I'd imagine a dual 120mm heatercore would be better for performance....

Oh and that tube coming from the pump looks awefully precarious :eek:

DaMiEn said:
Oh and that tube coming from the pump looks awefully precarious :eek:

Heh, that's a pic when I was putting it all together. Sorry I don't have a better pic. It's a bit better secured now. :) You can check out the whole rig here.

I have a VERY similar system to yours (see my sig) and the exact same case (Silverstone TJ06) Watercooled using:

Dual 120mm Heatercore (DangerDen)
4x Evercool Aluminum fans (7v mod)
Swiftech MCP650 Pump
DangerDen TDX P4
DangerDen Maze4 GPU

My temps are 34-36 Idle and 40-42 Load

BigTaf said:
I have a VERY similar system to yours (see my sig) and the exact same case (Silverstone TJ06) Watercooled using:

Dual 120mm Heatercore (DangerDen)
4x Evercool Aluminum fans (7v mod)
Swiftech MCP650 Pump
DangerDen TDX P4
DangerDen Maze4 GPU

My temps are 34-36 Idle and 40-42 Load

Hey Taf. Can you post a pic of your rig? I'd like to see how yours looks.

still working on cable management and ive changed alot of the tubing since this picture but you get an idea

Hehe, nice job. If I decide to change to the heatercore we are going to have almost identical rigs. In my work log I talked about the fact that my HD's were a LOT warmer with this case. I solved that with a pci slot cooler turned around and mounted on the bottom of the hd cage blowing toward the psu. Not sure if your concerned about yours but it lowered my hd temps by 10c. Also, right now I have my chipset in the loop but I think I'll change that with an aftermarket cooler and put my vid card on the loop..

hds dont go above 34c
if you look above the hds I have an OCZ modstream 520w which pulls air up over the hds and out of the case. From an airflow point of view I have no complaints.

The only thing ill warn you about, is when I have 2x120mm fans with a 1" gap from the front of the case I get the same temps with the 4x120mm and its a hell of alot quieter.

Back