$20 for $40 Newegg gift card, Tomorrow 11/28 only!! @ googleoffers

You will get it in an email or if you click "my offers" under "status" click redeemable and you'll see your information on redeeming it. No worries if you didn't print or copy it down right away.

Anyway that was a pain.. clearly the money google gave away was worth it to stress test their servers like that and find any bugs or performance issues.

Awesome. With this I got an Intel 80 GB SSD and a 200mm fan for $50 AR and gift card.

Hey some interesting info on this that I just noticed in the fine print:

"Newegg Google Offer must be redeemed in one transaction. If you redeem less than $20.00 of your offer in one transaction, we will refund you the difference between $20.00 and the amount you redeem. If you do not redeem any portion of your offer by February 26, 2012, then the promotional value of the offer will expire and we will refund you the paid value ($20.00)."

"Offer cannot be combined with affiliate cashback/points."

So make sure you use the whole thing in one transaction (orders over $40 or more) its not like a traditional gift card.
It can only be used on ONE order. If you're order is $30 and you use it you lose $10 of the promotional value. If your order is $15 you'll be refunded $5 by google and you won't receive any of the promotional value. And no fatwallet cashback etc.

keep getting this
"Oh no! There was an issue loading your account information. This is probably just a server hiccup. Try reloading this page in a few minutes."

And when I don't actually see that, I get

"An unexpected failure has occurred."

And the complete offer is greyed out. I'd expect Google to have servers that can be hammered like this without crying for mercy :eek:

OMG it worked finally. Lost count on the number of refreshes after 20.. Couldn't believe I didn't see that unexpected failure message again.

Fyi, I have confirmed these do in fact stack together, at least for now. I just had two applied in my cart.

Last edited:
Hey some interesting info on this that I just noticed in the fine print:

"Newegg Google Offer must be redeemed in one transaction. If you redeem less than $20.00 of your offer in one transaction, we will refund you the difference between $20.00 and the amount you redeem. If you do not redeem any portion of your offer by February 26, 2012, then the promotional value of the offer will expire and we will refund you the paid value ($20.00)."

"Offer cannot be combined with affiliate cashback/points."

So make sure you use the whole thing in one transaction (orders over $40 or more) its not like a traditional gift card.
It can only be used on ONE order. If you're order is $30 and you use it you lose $10 of the promotional value. If your order is $15 you'll be refunded $5 by google and you won't receive any of the promotional value. And no fatwallet cashback etc.

Why is this such a strange thing to people, no one has ever used a groupon type of deal where you buy credit for half off? Yeah its not a gift card, it's a one time discount of $20 off a purchase.

Best way to maximize your value, getting something as close to $40 as possible, however that doesn't mean buy something you don't want for $40.

Why is this such a strange thing to people, no one has ever used a groupon type of deal where you buy credit for half off? Yeah its not a gift card, it's a one time discount of $20 off a purchase.

Best way to maximize your value, getting something as close to $40 as possible, however that doesn't mean buy something you don't want for $40.

I just didn't want people to overlook that fact and think they could use it twice.... that's all. And no not everyone has used groupon.

Try using 2 different Google accounts with 2 different credit cards. It will work.

Yeah, but when you try to redeem it, it might not work because it might be tied to your newegg.com account. The only sure way is to get 2 gmail accounts 2 credit cards and 2 newegg.com accounts. Though, I could be wrong.

Got one, first time through, no refreshes required.

Not going to go for a second, I'm not greedy like that. :rolleyes:

They do currently stack in the cart. However, I did read someone saying he talked to newegg though and they will be canceling orders with more than 1 applied. Not sure if thats true or not but....

There are some greedy whores around the SD forum who have purchased 10+ of these so, be funny if they can only use 1 per account.

I hate it, the entire place is a cesspool of the most arrogant and selfish people on the internet. Once a deal post hits 20 pages before it's even out, you may aswell forget trying to get it. [H] is atleast civilized about these things.

I got 4. I only intended to buy 1 but the Slickdeals people made it so compelling that I felt like I'd be stupid not to get 4. Now I don't even know what to buy!

Well I got one. And would have gotten more, but I think they are tied to your newegg.com account because the conditions say that newegg.com is responsible for the unused portions, thus forcing them to obviously keep track by accounts, and not by any particular transaction.

I got one earlier but...I just now received the email from Google Offers telling me it's available. haha!

I used to be FW addict. Gave up on it 2 years ago. It's all filled with ebay resellers scoping on the deals and then reselling.

Sold out, but I got a couple of them.. I was tempted to open a couple more accounts to buy a couple more, since I'm sure there are people out there buying 10+

Great deal.. Hopefully will help with the X-Mas shopping a bit to keep prices down a bit..

This is one helluva deal, 2:1 on your money and even if you don't use it you'll get a full refund.

Just got the receipt in my email. Funny how I sign in to buy it using my Gmail account yet it takes 2 hours for them to get the email to my Gmail.

wierd..not sure if the multiple retries had anything to do with it but i got like 5 charges for $60 from google outside the $20 dollar charge..

Anyone have the same issue on their bank statement?.

wierd..not sure if the multiple retries had anything to do with it but i got like 5 charges for $60 from google outside the $20 dollar charge..

Anyone have the same issue on their bank statement?.

Umm nope.... They probably wont post to the account, maybe they are some sorta of verification. Although I have two $1.00 pending charges they used to verify the card... No $60 charges though.

Back