200 dvd changer to PC

Kaash

Limp Gawd
Sorry for asking something that may seem simple to you all. but i googled this and just got the overprice POS Vaio HTPC. My question is can you buy a 200dvd changer and connect it to your PC and have it set up so you can categorize your movies in a window GUI by action drama etc etc and have a picture thumbnail next to each title? thanks in advance.

If you have the hard drive space, an easy way is to just rip all the DVD's to your hard drive and have them in MCE ready to go all categorized with the cover pix. Quicker access as well.

The changers are all over Ebay and they are great. You have to use Media Center with it or Vista MCE but they are bad ass. Next week I am going to get another one to start putting my CDs.

I sold off my 400 disk CD and 400 Disk DVD changers to move everything over to a media center and I am not looking back.

Is there specific ones to get. how does it plug in etc. I can't find any guides online. Maybe i am not putting right wording in google but alas my research has failed so far. if you direct me to a guide on a how too etc that be great if you know of any. thanks again for your time

Is there specific ones to get. how does it plug in etc. I can't find any guides online. Maybe i am not putting right wording in google but alas my research has failed so far. if you direct me to a guide on a how too etc that be great if you know of any. thanks again for your time

I've always been interested in this kinda thing too. Eventually I decided on a massive disk array, but it is starting to get irritating because of heat and noise. If you have the opportunity to put a big array in a cooled closet then I would do that.

I also pondered the idea of using the Imation USB disk changers and a media interface like Meedio, but then you have insert the disks manually:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817133603

Back