2000 AD Integrated Zones (DNS)

Josh_B

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey folks,

Quick question... as a sys admin, this is very embarassing. (Sure, I realize no one can know everything, but even so...)

So, at work we've got a 2000 domain in mixed mode at the moment. We are nearly ready to go 2000 native, but we need a few weeks more to get things ready. This week, I am planning to move our freeradius server over to the new DC. (Sadly, we are planning to move to the dreaded IAS in the future... opensource FTW?)

The new DC is great, works fine, but I simply cannot get it to transfer a copy of the domain from the SOA. At the moment, it is listed on the SOA as a server to which transfers can be sent, and the zone is AD integrated. As a DC, should the zone not just "show up" in my DNS configuration thereafter? When I ran dcpromo, I selected to have AD setup DNS on this same machine, but it never did allow the zone to propogate to this new server. DNS is otherwise (seemingly, anyways) working fine.

Ideas?

NM... false alarm. It is working now.

Some servers are doing AD-integrated for subdomains, but the root domain are all Primary / Secondard. (Master/Slave.)

Thanks anyways folks.

Back