2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my workstation at college apartment... I really need a new monitor.. thinking about getting a 19" or 21" crt or another 17" for dual setup..

workstation_2x.jpg

my desk, keyboard, computer etc.
as you can see I'm in the progress of modding my case - I'm making a whole new front panel..

workstation_3.jpg

PS2, Sony VAIO, some other stuff...

workstation_1.jpg

another shot..

Here's all I've got to show for now:

workstation.jpg

I realise that I need a new chair and it's rather cramped looking......but oh well.

I'll be buying my Z-5500's in a week or so, and with the sub sitting down to my left in the corner (when I had my Z-560's) it realy hits the wall, and the whole closet reverberates and amplifies the bass SO MUCH!!! I would take my comp out of the closet and move it back into my room where it used to be, but I love the bass so much in here that I'm staying. ;)

apHytHiaTe said:
Cornelious, what monitor is that? Oh and nice chair :p

Samsung 763MB

For the price it's a very nice, crisp 17" CRT....and the silver/black goes well with the rest of my stuff.....but I've just had enough with CRT's lately....and I'll be picking up an LCD pretty soon. ;)

I knew the chair looks a little worse for wear....but its still as comfortable as it has always been, and serves me well enough that I dont feel I need to get a new one. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Samsung 763MB

For the price it's a very nice, crisp 17" CRT....and the silver/black goes well with the rest of my stuff.....but I've just had enough with CRT's lately....and I'll be picking up an LCD pretty soon. ;)

I knew the chair looks a little worse for wear....but its still as comfortable as it has always been, and serves me well enough that I dont feel I need to get a new one. :p
i have found no compelling reason (yet) to replace my crt with a lcd.. imo it competes/is same as my friends dell 19 inch one... forget modle but he got the nice one... my monitor gives truer color/black.. i like that compared to lcds... maybe someday they will grow on me not quite yet tho... desk space is not a problem... maybe thats why people get them?

cornelious0_0 said:
Here's all I've got to show for now:

workstation.jpg

I realise that I need a new chair and it's rather cramped looking......but oh well.

I'll be buying my Z-5500's in a week or so, and with the sub sitting down to my left in the corner (when I had my Z-560's) it realy hits the wall, and the whole closet reverberates and amplifies the bass SO MUCH!!! I would take my comp out of the closet and move it back into my room where it used to be, but I love the bass so much in here that I'm staying. ;)

damn im getting a lil claustrophobic just looking at your set up.

*gasps for air*

Misfitted_Mecha said:
man, slickfx, ive always loved your setup. it looks so clean :cool:

I agree, very nice.....although I can't ponder why you'd spend that much cash on the whole setup there and only have those Z-5300 speakers....I can't stand those things. :p

synergy321 said:
wow..amazing lets all guess how much money is in that room :)

Haha, I'd rather not....and surprisingly enough, the thing I like most in that room is the chair. :D

Thanks again for the comments guys. Happy New Year!

cornelious0_0 said:
I agree, very nice.....although I can't ponder why you'd spend that much cash on the whole setup there and only have those Z-5300 speakers....I can't stand those things. :p

Really? I love them. They are clear, crisp and do no distort at all. Plus, my girlfriend gave them to me last Xmas and won't let me get rid of them. I really wanted to upgrade to the Z-5500. BTW, my chair is ripping too :(

synergy321 said:
wow..amazing lets all guess how much money is in that room

Actually, it's really not all that expensive, it just looks like it :p. I never buy anything at retail price either, I'm a www.techbargains.com whore :D. And about 40% of that stuff is expensed by my company.

SLiCkFX said:
Really? I love them. They are clear, crisp and do no distort at all. Plus, my girlfriend gave them to me last Xmas and won't let me get rid of them. I really wanted to upgrade to the Z-5500. BTW, my chair is ripping too

Actually, it's really not all that expensive, it just looks like it :p. I never buy anything at retail price either, I'm a www.techbargains.com whore :D. And about 40% of that stuff is expensed by my company.

I dunno, it's just that any time I listened to those things they were nowhere NEAR the clarity and qualtiy of my Z-560's.......I'm happy to be getting some 5500's pretty soon.

Ah how nice it must be to be able to right off stuff like that or get it through work. :rolleyes: ;)

iownyou14 said:
What mousepad is that (with the Blue LED lights)?

Xide Pad II. I don't think they make that specific shape anymore. I got it about 2 years ago.

iownyou14 said:
What mousepad is that (with the Blue LED lights)?

Gah, I know I've seen the thing around, just can't remember the brand of it......as there's even way to many LED mouse pads like that out there now. ;)

Xide Pad II. I don't think they make that specific shape anymore. I got it about 2 years ago.

That'd explain why I didnt recognize it.....I saw an Xide but not the same shape and kept looking. :p

Just moved in the new place a 2 months ago still don’t have everything setup,
I like the Super Lanboy cases :)

DSCN1489.jpg

DSCN1487.jpg

DSCN1486.jpg

DSCN1485.jpg

I am sure there is high end air cooling that can keep up with the Exos, but the noise would be far greater.

It keeps my cpu and gpu pretty cool. cpu (amd64 at 250x9) idles around 32c and 41c under long duration loads. The gpu runs a little hotter at around 45c (core 450mhz and mem 1.20ghz). I like it and would get another just for the convenience factor.

cyclonend said:
Just moved in the new place a 2 months ago still don’t have everything setup,
I like the Super Lanboy cases :)

DSCN1485.jpg

we found a true lanboy fan! nice cases love the green look.

what are the 3 pcs for?

cyclonend, kudos on the Z-560's....I loved mine....but I'll have my new Z-5500's soon enough. :D

Also, I'm assuming you're either using a KVM for the other comps or they're just there to fold 24/7 or something. :p

The LCD has 3 inputs on it. I use to have the 3 monitors on my desk, but it was just to much. Now i switch views with the lcd or just use remote desktop (if you look at the desktop you will see all three rigs up).

The green rig is for gaming the others are just for messing around with and laptop is for work.

Lanboy is a good case. Very light, good drive layout and the two 120s move plenty of air and give off only a whisper.

cyclonend said:
The LCD has 3 inputs on it. I use to have the 3 monitors on my desk, but it was just to much. Now i switch views with the lcd or just use remote desktop (if you look at the desktop you will see all three rigs up).

A very cool way to do things now that I think of it......and those Viewsonic screens are pretty good. You officially have one of my favorite workstations around here now. ;)

rig.jpg

hasnt exactly changed from 2004 but meh

gaming rig, gateway, server sparcs etc... not much but it's mine :)

hehe

1) Your sig is 3 lines too long, check the forum rules bro, 10 lines is max

2) I find it kinda funny to see that your "real" system is the one on the floor hiding out of view. :p

Well I posted on here a couple days ago.
But today I got 2 new additions.
Kudos to who ever can guess what they are.(even though it really shouldnt be that hard
to figure out.)

10002035vi.jpg

cornelious0_0 said:
hehe

1) Your sig is 3 lines too long, check the forum rules bro, 10 lines is max

2) I find it kinda funny to see that your "real" system is the one on the floor hiding out of view. :p

I've been posting for 2 years and you are the first to comment .. meh but interesting point :p

besides sparcs are REAL rigs ;)

Ack......all that Linus stuff up there is making my eye's hurt. :p

Also, those are the same junky speakers my parents bought for the family computer back in '99......how're they for ya? :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Ack......all that Linus stuff up there is making my eye's hurt. :p

Also, those are the same junky speakers my parents bought for the family computer back in '99......how're they for ya? :p

Ya I know. They actually dont sound that bad to me lol.
I actually had klipsh 4.1's that I sold a little while ago.
I plan on getting 550's with my new rig in a few weeks.

P.S. I have like 4 more linux books that arent even up there. lol.

xveganx said:
I plan on getting 550's with my new rig in a few weeks.

P.S. I have like 4 more linux books that arent even up there. lol.

550's.....you mean 5500's? :p

Ah, fricken penguins.
:rolleyes: ;)

cyclonend: Very nice workstation. I love the LanBoys. I like the rack about it too. Very simple and good looking. Nice!!!!!!!!

Here is my newest setup. Just the workstation in my sig right now, you can see the A64 on the desk, the mach 1 under the desk and some parts laying around.

setup.jpg

Hey Wes, what're you doing with the MachI? Gonan be using it for something or are you interested in sellin' er?

cornelious0_0 said:
Hey Wes, what're you doing with the MachI? Gonan be using it for something or are you interested in sellin' er?

I plan on putting it on the Whinchester thats on my desk :) However, I need to get it fixed, i cracked the hose whilst playing with a celeron 2.7 @ 3.5ghz.

WesM63 said:
I plan on putting it on the Whinchester thats on my desk :) However, I need to get it fixed, i cracked the hose whilst playing with a celeron 2.7 @ 3.5ghz.

Aww.....sucky. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back