2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
desk.jpg

Zxcs said:
Hehe now that I look back at it.. it was a load of crap... literally :D
I had the floor changed towood (cant stand carpet) and got a new desk, pics soon, once I get the finishing touches in.
damn, you have the shittiest room yet you have 2 of the phase changing cooling things(cant remember name right now)

bern said:

yes, soldering iron burns hurt a lot... conrats on being the first to point it out lol, but sorry thats not what its for

and the mousepad is from one of our advertisers...

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
Got a new monitor so here's a little update... I know it doesn't look like but it's actually 22" :D

Resize%20of%20workstation_new_monitor_1.JPG

Resize%20of%20workstation_new_monitor_2.JPG

Is that a homemade desk? I've been lookin for a desk that will give ample room for my 22" crt like yours.

FLECOM said:
my desk (cleanest its been in like a year)

E5DD2827.jpg

Hmm... Pardon my ignorance, but just wondering, what exactly is all equipment to the left of the PC? I see the switch, but the two things above it and the radio system... thingy?

spiritualmachine said:
Is that a homemade desk? I've been lookin for a desk that will give ample room for my 22" crt like yours.
its not hard to find a desk that will fit a large crt mine has a hutch and i could fit a 30 inch crt lol, but i wont go any bigger then my 24 i have now because frankly, any bigger is too big

spiritualmachine said:
nah.. the desk in fact is really small.. I got a large piece of MDF and put it on the top - you can call that custom resizing ;) ..works great for me : ]

freakycody said:
Laozx, what is that desk? where did you get it and how much?
Thanks

I got it at BestBuy about 6 months ago or so. It's an awesome desk!. Had an Ikea one before, but this one works so much better. and actually, here's the link for it on bestbuy $129 desk

It's actually the exact same desk as the vaseline guy

pilotman2004 said:

Is that a Pimeta or PPA?

its a tripath amp, similar to the sonic impact amp, just modded a bit, alps blue velvet pot, vampire rca jacks and the 4 pin jack for my AKG K1000's

RS3RS said:
Hmm... Pardon my ignorance, but just wondering, what exactly is all equipment to the left of the PC? I see the switch, but the two things above it and the radio system... thingy?

well top left is the charger for my camera batteries (1D), center is my motorola charger and a motorola saber III UHF, next to it is my M/ACom base charger and a VHF M-RK in it... under that is a rackmount powerstrip/light thingie, under that is my DAC/EQ a Behringer DEQ2496, under that is an HP 2650 48 port 10/100 2 port 1000x switch...

Mr. Miyagi said:
Wow isp, that is some sick cabling! Nice work. :)
Looks like a Photoshop job

There are totally no wires !!

quite impossible, unless you have wireless power..

twan said:
Looks like a Photoshop job

There are totally no wires !!

quite impossible, unless you have wireless power..
or youre a moron. it is possible to hide wires, you know. he has them hidden under his desk. :rolleyes:

just because youre jealous of another man's workstation, doesnt give you the right to insult him by accusing him of using photoshop....

lmao, busted vasoline boy!! man use lotion.... vasoline makes your palm and..... ummmm all waterproof & stuff!! :)

Here's my work workstation:
office1.jpg

Its hard to see everything. 19" Planar flat panel, Dell 3.06Ghz and scanner under the desk, on a shelf by my feet. The floor is completely open so it can be mopped regularly. Nice clean design.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Home workstation:
shizzy.jpg

(2.4C oc'd to 3.4, Abit IC7, 6800GT, 21" Trinitron, etc)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my WIFE's Home workstation:
flat.jpg

(2.8C oc'd to 3.2, Shuttle, 6800nu, 19" Dell flat, etc.)

i finaly got around to takin a picture...
desk.jpg

p4 to the right and left, with g4 under the right p4...

i would have more monitors but theres no room so i use VNC

Is his pic working for anyone else?

Edit: Nvm it worked when I refreshed. IDK how you can live with a room that dirty!

theshadow27: You should have entered the bash.org Messy Desk Contest. Yours would have been a real contender! ;)

corebreach said:
theshadow27: You should have entered the bash.org Messy Desk Contest. Yours would have been a real contender! ;)
yeah lol i just got my camrea so i will enter the next one! lol

it looks--not so good-- but heres how i justify it:

it is a supereffecent arangement of computer hardware, software storage, and stuff that i use often that can all be accessed without standing up (i.e. within 3 feet of me) so it makes my life better, not worse!

I would have to kill myself if my comp desk ever gets taht messy. I have a hard time sitting on the comp when my sister messes the place up.

Blah425 said:
I would have to kill myself if my comp desk ever gets taht messy. I have a hard time sitting on the comp when my sister messes the place up.
yea seriosuly. :eek:

I went from this
crib.jpg

to this
newsetup.jpg

(btw case has been modded since this pic, doesn't look as fugly anymore.)

1337m0dd3r said:
yea seriosuly. :eek:

I went from this
[ig]http://www.image4u.org/gnemelf/digitalart/crib.jpg[/img]
to this
[mg]http://www.image4u.org/gnemelf/updatedmod/newsetup.jpg[/img]
(btw case has been modded since this pic, doesn't look as fugly anymore.)

you better post a pic of the modded pc, to reedemed yourself.

Looks much better. I like the modding you have done to the case.

Are you sure those are the same comp desks??

Mine:
p10101768bn.jpg

p10101776id.jpg

Cable City :rolleyes:
p10101782oq.jpg

I hate the look of my workspace. My computer runs excellent and everything, but I need new stuff XP.
Needs:

New monitor,
New Keyboard,
New speakers,
New case.

Oh, and heres my desktop(Jessica Alba is hot >_<)

theshadow27 said:
yeah lol i just got my camrea so i will enter the next one! lol

it looks--not so good-- but heres how i justify it:

it is a supereffecent arangement of computer hardware, software storage, and stuff that i use often that can all be accessed without standing up (i.e. within 3 feet of me) so it makes my life better, not worse!
turning your head to the left to see your monitor is super efficient?

naw... i sit facing it..
it works out htat my mouse hand and keyboard hand are in exactly the right place, my feet have somewhere to go, and i face the monitor...

when i move out ill build a real desk... till then :p

Blah425 said:
Looks much better. I like the modding you have done to the case.

Are you sure those are the same comp desks??
you mean the ones in my pics? if thats what ya mean then yea I'm sure :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back