2005fpw and 4:3 games

CRaZYMoFo

Limp Gawd
Recently got my monitor and fired up warcraft 3 only to find that the monitor stretches the res so that it looks terrible. It is affecting my gameplay badly :(
I spent the day searching for a solution but found nothing. Is there anything I can do to prevent stretching and get the black bars on the sides?

There is a setting on the monitor itself that changes that. I forget what Dell calls it but the options are 1:1, Ratio, and Fill. If you set it to 1:1 then if for instance you set the res to 800x600 then its really small in the center of the screen. If you set it to Ratio then the 4:3 ratio is held but the picture is stretched. And Fill obviously fills the screen, which I believe is the default setting.

Goto Display properties > click the "Advanced button" > find the tab that has the name of your video card in it > in the menu that pops up on the left, find the button that says digital panel settings > finally, select Centered Output and you should be good.

LunchboX3904 said:
Goto Display properties > click the "Advanced button" > find the tab that has the name of your video card in it > in the menu that pops up on the left, find the button that says digital panel settings > finally, select Centered Output and you should be good.

Wow the one place I didnt look. Thanks a lot :D

Back