2005fpw ghosting?

Goat_187

Limp Gawd
since i got it, i never noticed ghosting until i came to this site. all the darks and greys really show significant ghosting. not just the cursor, but the title of the threads really show bad ghosting.

I thought it was the monitor cable i was using, but i tryed 3 different types and they just improve it a little but i still see some.

anyone got any ideas of what might be causing this? the monitor itself? the video card?

what kind of test can i run to rule some out? :confused:

How can non-moving text show ghosting? Perhaps it is VGA artifacting? Try the auto-adjust button or switch to DVI? I see no ghosting on this forum on my 2005. Even rapid-scrolling looks fine.

The blacks are a bit different. People have mixed opinions on the blacks of even high-end LCD's. Hard to deny a CRT does better. Ghosting is with motion and seeing trails/blurs, which is a much bigger issue. Sorry if you didn't know some people have issues with LCD blacks because it's one of those improving things but not perfect. If it's the forum's keen eye that is bugging you, which I imagine it is, you'll be fine. Stop staring at the seemy gray black!! :D You could try to calibrate or whatever to help out.

steviep said:
How can non-moving text show ghosting? Perhaps it is VGA artifacting? Try the auto-adjust button or switch to DVI? I see no ghosting on this forum on my 2005. Even rapid-scrolling looks fine.

i dont know what the right term is, but yea its not ghosting from movement. the ghosting i see if static, and only in shades of black. I cant even notice it while moving, only when i stop the cursor i clearly see a shadow of it.

the default cable it comes with projected like 5 different shadows, this new cable has narrow it down to 1 shadow.

First, make sure the monitor is running in its native resolution... 1680x1050.
Second, make sure it is at 60hz.
Third, if you're running VGA, hit the auto-adjust button to see if that improves it. If it doesn't try using DVI. It may sound like a cabling problem, though...

It sounds like you're running on the VGA cable and are running into signal interference. Switching to DVi removes all of those problems, and will also make everything look sharper as well.

Of course you could be running DVi now, but you didn't state either way.

Even though Goat_187 is unsure of the phenomenon he is literally correct.

The term ghosting is misunderstood. Ghosting is an analogue phenomenon which is causes by an unsynchronized signal. It shows as an echo (ghost picture) and can been seen on non moving objects.
It is somehow similar to pixel jitter.

The moving phenomenon is called trailing.

Try pressing auto-adjust more than once or do as the others say and switch to a DVI cable if possible.
You may want to try and move the VGA cable. It is important that it is clear of high frequency cables such as power cables. If you have a high frequency PCI card close to the gfx card you could try moving it.

Back