2005FPW vs. 2001FP, side by side pics to compare

OMG... clean off that sticky mess of leftover stickers on the right side of your monitor! How long have you lived with that? He he he. There's a product called "Citra Solv" that works instantly for sticky crud like this. ;)

idlebones said:

I am very suprised you actually kept the 2005FPW instead of the 2001FP. Basically it all boils down to each individuals needs. I am currently between these 2 monitors like many other folks and I just wanted to thank you mate for your review. It helped me but I have read so many reviews in so many sites that I am confused in which way to go :rolleyes:
I am currently using one of the best CRT's around, the Sony GDM-W9000 which is a 24" wide monitor so you can say I am pretty use to a widescreen monitor having it for 3 years already now.

DSC01111.jpg

I was planning on moving to an LCD but I had a 4:3 in mind cause I always got irritated that most of the games I played didnt support wide resolutions. A friend sent me the link for the 2005FPW just before I ordered the 2001FP and since then I am reading posts to find out what is best for my needs.
I use my PC mainly for browsing, emails and I play 3-4 games like Call of Duty, NBA Live 2005, Civilization 3 and Men of Valor, and I am eagerly waiting for Band of Brothers. I do not watch any movies on my monitor cause I have a standalone Divx player and I watch them on my plasma TV.

My system specs at the moment are AMD Athlon 3200+, 1GB 400, X800pro.

Since you used both which would you propose for my case. I was really ready for the 2001FP but all that talk about the screen door effect (like I know what the hell it is???), the fact that is already a much older model from the 2005FP plus the lower response rate kept me on hold. Bear in mind that I play the occasional "old" game that has absolutely no way of supporting 16:9 displays.
Plus I keep hearing about the upcoming 2405FPW that is coming out, so if I eventually dont like it I will give whatever I buy to my wife and get the 2405FPW for myself :D
In any case your input would be greatly appreciated.
thanx

EricDawg said:
OMG... clean off that sticky mess of leftover stickers on the right side of your monitor! How long have you lived with that? He he he. There's a product called "Citra Solv" that works instantly for sticky crud like this. ;)

Nice montitor/space heater

AMD_Gamer said:
is the 2001FP good for gaming?

Mine is awesome for gaming, but with the coming of The Hyundai Imageqest L90D+ 8ms Panel ...I'd reccomend a younger panel. I'd probably pick up an L90D+ if I wass shopping for an LCD today.

What comes with these monitors? It doesn't seem to be listed on Dell's site. DVI and VGA cables? USB cable?

The monitor

The stand

1 DVI cable (the white one)
1 VGA D-sub15 cable (the blue one)

Instructions, warranty book, and lots of styrofoam

I have both by the way and like them both. I still game on my 2001FP though.

Treyshadow said:
The monitor

The stand

1 DVI cable (the white one)
1 VGA D-sub15 cable (the blue one)

Instructions, warranty book, and lots of styrofoam

I have both by the way and like them both. I still game on my 2001FP though.

The monitor also comes with a USB cable.

Back