2007 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
176774603xy.jpg

[IM G]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5352/533524683uo.jpg[/IMG]

[I MG ]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/618/725802690hg.jpg[/IMG]

The size of the desk makes the monitor seem small but it is a 20" CRT, I'm going to dismantle it and give it a few shades of black tommorow.

edit: Oh yea don't mind the shitty Rasterbated image on the wall, I have a nice printed M3 but I need to find a canvas big enough to paste it on. ;)

Where would one get "shitty Rasterbated" images? My room is completely dull and uninspiring almost to death. I don't want to be a pervert and put up girly posters (too old for that) but something artfully subtle perhaps? What is the process called? I'm interested in looking locally to see if they have these with custom image.

Nice setup as well. Looks very warm.

Wow that Antec 900 case looks amazing. Very clean and nice. Would like to know what all you did.

I like the desk you have also.

Edit: Found the worklog for your rig. Checking it out. :)

Where would one get "shitty Rasterbated" images? My room is completely dull and uninspiring almost to death. I don't want to be a pervert and put up girly posters (too old for that) but something artfully subtle perhaps? What is the process called? I'm interested in looking locally to see if they have these with custom image.

Nice setup as well. Looks very warm.

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

Tell me what is the little player with the tin box you have on top of your speaker? Looks like an iPod mod.. but can't be sure.
It's a pocket-sized battery-powered headphone amplifier. Seems the seller has an English website now (he's German);

http://www.penguinamp.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=13&XTCsid=55cf2cc22f78f7a50b03bdab7937dcc7

They now make 2 models, the 'basic' model which uses the Burr Brown OPA2134 opamp & the 'deluxe' model which uses dual LM6171 opamps. I built myself an amp based around a 2134 (which is an easy chip to work with) but my knowledge of electronics isn't good enough to get a balanced circuit around a 6171 so when I upgraded I bought an amp ready made from that guy. The 6171 get's a bit sparkly on the top end, but it sounds incredible if you give it a decent source & wear a decent pair of headphones - I team it with the line out of my MiniDisk player & a pair of Koss PortaPro headphones. An Ipod couldn't even come close to the sound quality I get!

It looks like it's done on paper. So, any old printer should do fine.

For mono (i.e. black & white) a laser printer is perfect. Also costs far less when you're printing off tonnes of pages (I just did 2 new 3*3s).

deskfar1mj.jpg

pcside9hb.jpg

TA-DAAA, my lair. For specs, check my sig. Wire management will come at some point. And yes, I know, I really need a bigger desk..

For kicks, heres some shots of my roomies set-up.

justinddrdesk6to.jpg

jenkinsjustinsdesk5zx.jpg

eisfeuer1li.jpg

If you'll notice, hes a bit less clean then me... :p

Thank you kindly. Is your current mural printed on a canvas made of cloth? Excuse my ignorance, I don't know anything related to arts and crafts.

Also any recommendations on a printer that will do the job at a reasonable budget?

Thanks

Haha no way, it's printed on regular printer paper and I just didn't tape it right. It's better if you find a huge piece of cardboard and glue it on with a gluestick. Heres the image that's going to be trimmed and put up in place of the cat:

468009082qz.jpg

Haha no way, it's printed on regular printer paper and I just didn't tape it right. It's better if you find a huge piece of cardboard and glue it on with a gluestick. Heres the image that's going to be trimmed and put up in place of the cat:

468009082qz.jpg

Dude, you have turned me onto a new hobby. If I could offer an observation, I'd say the way it is now without trimming the edges would yield a much better look.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be in the possession of a Canon S3 IS and will take some pictures of my rig and a soon-to-be printed/posted wall mural like that.

Hooah!

Dude, you have turned me onto a new hobby. If I could offer an observation, I'd say the way it is now without trimming the edges would yield a much better look.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be in the possession of a Canon S3 IS and will take some pictures of my rig and a soon-to-be printed/posted wall mural like that.

Hooah!

Haha :D Check out the gallery on the Rasterbator website ( http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/gallery.gas?cool ) Those guys have some awesome ideas for posters. BTW the picture of the BMW is set at the lowest dot value thing (1), you can only do that with the downloaded version, so stay away from the online tool since the detail can't be processed as finely.

I love your stereo setup. You must play your music real loud. I can see in the picture your amp is set really high.
Thanks
Thanks for the comments, I actually dont crank the music often anymore. I'm still young but after developing the ringing in my ears about a year ago I decided to start holding back on it. The reciever is turned way up because I have the volume limiter on my iPod set to around 3/4 to stop myself from destroying my hearing when im in that kind of mood, and the method I'm using to connect it to the reciever is quiet as it is. (That much volume on the reciever is equal to 4 bars on the Logitech's, which is about 1/8th the max of their limit). The system CAN go loud, I just dont like to do it much :D

best figured in this topic is hybrid.09 rig and room is perfect,clean and ergonomics.

Ok guys, the higher ups and I felt that this thread has too much general chatter going on for it to remain here. Since a move would probably send it to general mayhem (which some of you don't have), I'm closing this and starting a new one with zero comments allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back