2007fpw problem

I don't think this is a back light bleeding problem, but I just noticed this weird color distortion with a distinct line at the top of my monitor. It almost looks like liquid leaked down and made this. Anyone ever experience this?

Thanks.

Well, I know one thing for certain. That's definitely an S-IPS panel. LG IPS panels are crap. That's one of several defects I've seen with LG IPS panels. I think it's a form of image persistence because it goes away after being off for a while, but I'm not sure. Get it replaced if you can, but there's no guarantee the replacement won't start doing the same thing several months down the line.

Well, I know one thing for certain. That's definitely an S-IPS panel. LG IPS panels are crap. That's one of several defects I've seen with LG IPS panels. I think it's a form of image persistence because it goes away after being off for a while, but I'm not sure. Get it replaced if you can, but there's no guarantee the replacement won't start doing the same thing several months down the line.

Yeah, its an LM201w01 LGPhilips S-IPS. I think this is the older panel for the 2007series monitor. Isnt the newer ones now using a Samsung S-PVA panel? Im not sure what the quality difference is between the two.

wow i had the EXACT same thing happen on a 2005 fpw. even the shape of the "stain" looks exactly like what i had. i started noticing it after about a year of use. i returned it to dell for a replacement.

wow i had the EXACT same thing happen on a 2005 fpw. even the shape of the "stain" looks exactly like what i had. i started noticing it after about a year of use. i returned it to dell for a replacement.

wow, thats very similar to my situation. I'm glad you were able to get a replacement. Did they give you a hard time about it or was it a smooth process?

wasnt too bad. spent about 45 minutes with a very polite indian lady trying to explain what i was seeing. after she finally agreed that it was a defect i got a new one the next day. actually it was a refurb but that one then lasted another year and it crapped out too. i called back, spoke with a new indian lady and after another 45 minutes she sent me a 2007 fp to replace my replacement. cool thing is i still have another year on my warranty.

wasnt too bad. spent about 45 minutes with a very polite indian lady trying to explain what i was seeing. after she finally agreed that it was a defect i got a new one the next day. actually it was a refurb but that one then lasted another year and it crapped out too. i called back, spoke with a new indian lady and after another 45 minutes she sent me a 2007 fp to replace my replacement. cool thing is i still have another year on my warranty.
Took me a while to explain it to them too but they are sending me a replacement.
Thanks for the insight.

Back