2007WFP starts using S-PVA?

I'm in the United States and I just received my new 2007WFP. Happy to say that it is a S-IPS panel. After hearing about the lottery business, though, I'm glad I bought it when I did.

I ordered one this weekend, due to arrive tomorrow. I really hope I get an S-IPS panel, cause it's the only reason I went with the 2007FPW. :)

Snowdog said:
Doesn't the Acer F20 have the same S-IPS screen as the Dell 2007wfp (if you get the S-IPS version)?

Should be fairly similar, though I think your Acer is Glossy?
That is still unconfirmed...the global and US site don't list the panel technology yet the UK site lists "Super-IPS" for the F-20. I got into the service menu of mine and it shows "LG/AU 20.1ws TFT" without listing a specific model number which leads me to believe they offer a panel lottery like Dell....you either get a LG/Philips S-IPS or AU Optronics P-MVA. I believe mine is a S-IPS because of the known charcteristics of viewing angle and the slight pinkish/purple hue at those angles. As far as the glossy panel...I love it and may have a hard time using the Dell after getting used to it. In any case, the price was too good on the 2007WFP to pass up and I can always Ebay it if I don't like.

Just bit the bullet and ordered one (October 16) for $373.44 after everything. Decided the 2407FPW was just too expensive after draining my wallet on a new system. I'll let you guys know which panel it uses as soon as I receive it!

if I order one, will I be more please than with my current samsung 205bw?? Even if I get the s-ips or pva panel?? will it be better than what I currently have?

Does the 20% coupon work for dell canada too? the monitor is currently $419.99 here

Sup guys

I just registered to tell you guys I've been following the 2007wfp saga for a while now. I ordered one on Oct. 13 last week and just recieved mine today.

It was made in Mexico and came from Austin,TX however it was shipped from the Nashville,TN warehouse. It is a S-IPS panel and came with no dead pixels.

The thing is gorgeous and I'm very happy to beat the lottery. If you guys are thinking about getting this monitor I highly suggest you do so soon.

cRim

Recieved mine today...S-IPS panel, no dead/stuck pixels, no banding in DVI/desktop mode (havent tried the other settings). I will do a mini comparison review along with my Acer F-20 sometime this week.

I ordered mine this morning, 396 with next day overnight delivery. Shipped from reno NV fingers crossed i get no dead pixels s-ips panel. I'll update tomorrow :D

So if its not s-ips can we return it saying the colors look bad full refund?

I've got one stuck blue pixel in my new 2007WFP. :( It's really not that bad, hard to notice except on a black background. I've tried UDpixel on it overnight but it's still there.

How do you guys usually handle stuck pixels? Doesn't seem like it's worth returning, especially since I could get one back that's worse off.

I have one stuck blue pixel on my 21". I tried and tried, rubbing and leaving UDP running a couple nights with no luck. Its microscopic and I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it specifically.

This monitor has the best backlight uniformity I've seen yet, so its not worth it to play the exchange game for me.

Ordered two on 10/16 and received on 10/18. Both are WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201W01). They are shipped from Nevada.

Ok so what's the deal some people are getting them as S-IPS and some are getting them as PVA?

I certainly don't want PVA.

People have confirmed that the non-widescreen 2007fp sometimes uses S-PVA. No one has gotten an S-PVA with the widescreen 2007wfp yet, to my knowledge.

No, it's not that people haven't got them... it's the fact that no one (to the best of my knowledge) has received a S-PVA panel in North America. The S-PVA reports were in another country.

So the conclusion is......

GO OUT AND GET THE DELL 2007FPW WHILE THEY ARE STILL S-IPS!!! :)

DO IT!

Well, my 2007WFP revision A03, yes 3 seems to be an S-IPS. They use internal codes for the panels now though.

grats on your S-IPS's guys. This monitor seriously is awesome if you get the good panel lol.

I just ordered one this morning. I let everybody know what panel it has when it arrives.

i ordered a week ago received LM201W01 - S-IPS A02 revision

nice panel, no dead pixels or banding... one question tho, the viewing angle is good but when looking at it from top/bottom or from sides you'll see a sort of shimerring or so across the screen. it's not terrible but i thought the panel wouldn't exhibit this so much being ips.

Got mine today (Oct 19). S-IPS.

I have a feeling the current $339 sale is going just burning up inventory before the cheaper 20" panel comes out. Once that happens I don't see the two products being priced so close togather for awhile.

Ordered Sunday Oct. 22nd - Delivery Estimate: Monday, Oct. 30/Wednesday, Nov. 01 What a hell? 3-5 days shipping grow up to 7-10 days :confused:

the@ntipop said:
Don't even mention it. I just bought mine Monday and then it dropped $40. Anyone know of anyway I could possibly get the difference refunded to me? I wouldn't imagine Dell has a priceback policy, but a guy can hope. :rolleyes:

Can't you return the panel to dell using their 100% satisfaction guarantee and then just re-order another one? :confused:

Another forum member mentioned calling Dell customer service and getting them to refund the difference in this scenario.

kimnkk said:
Can't you return the panel to dell using their 100% satisfaction guarantee and then just re-order another one? :confused:
Yes, they have such a policy according to their site.

There was a thread on it a few days ago, only it was called the "E2007WFP". Its a TN, no comparison to the 2007WFP's S-IPS.

I received my 2007WFP on Friday 10/20. It is Rev 03 so I am not sure what panel type it is. I am leaning towards it being an S-IPS because when looked at from extreme angles i see a purplish tint to the screen. I have a few questions.

How can I check for color banding? I know it is supposed to be fixed but I would like to check anyway.

Also is there some calibration software out there for the monitor? I was a little disappointed with the colors and the "graininess" of the picture during dvd playback.

When watching DVDs its goin to be graining becuz of i guess lack of pixels the DVDs have so the monitor has all these left over pixels that arent being used so its goin to look graining

(horrible explainition, i know, i just cant think right now)

I just got mine today. Rev.03, no dead, no stuck pixels, no banding, backligh little bit, but I have a problem to get access to the servie menu :mad: I hold "menu" and "+" turn on screen, waiting for desktop, let go off buttons and press "-" and always got some menu with colors settings [at the top is V1B18 and RT803]

JackTheKnife said:
I just got mine today. Rev.03, no dead, no stuck pixels, no banding, backligh little bit, but I have a problem to get access to the servie menu :mad: I hold "menu" and "+" turn on screen, waiting for desktop, let go off buttons and press "-" and always got some menu with colors settings [at the top is V1B18 and RT803]
That's the service menu with the new panel code...RT803 is assumed to be LG/philips S-IPS but I don't know if anyone has cracked their new A03 open to verify yet.

Back