2010 MBP SD Card Issue

illuminate

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 2010 i5 macbook pro. The SD card reader on it has always worked up until lately.
Today I was looking into it and if I reset the System Management Controller (SMC) it works.. but only once. I don't want to have to reset that every time I want to use my SD card.

Anyone have any ideas or know what I should do to get it fixed, or any ideas on fixing it. It appears that it's not a hardware issue seeing as it works when I reset the SMC, but what could the issue be?

Thanks!

Since its still in warranty, why not just get it checked out at the Apple Store?

Also, does this do this for all SD cards? Have you tried more than one?

Yeah, it does it for all SD cards.

The problem is I NEED it for school and there's no Apple store on this entire Island (Jeju Island, South Korea) and I'd have to send it to Seoul to get it repaired. I'll end up sending it eventually I guess, but I wondered if there was any other options...

Yeah, it does it for all SD cards.

The problem is I NEED it for school and there's no Apple store on this entire Island (Jeju Island, South Korea) and I'd have to send it to Seoul to get it repaired. I'll end up sending it eventually I guess, but I wondered if there was any other options...

get an external reader until you go to Seoul

Back