21" CRT DELL "jumps" at me. Does anyone repair them?

Uncle Jim

Limp Gawd
hi Guys,

Anyone with CRT repair experiance/knowledge pls help...

When I switch PC on, entire screen JUMPS to the front with a loud "dink" click, then jumps back, to about 60-70% of its normal size, goes black for a second, then JUMPS again and so on and so forth..

What's that? Trouble started after I moved this monitor from where it was and I realized, cable to PC was stretched and bent, could that have sth to do with it? Or it's the electron gun gunning wrong way or what else could that be and could that be fixed?

It's a stock DELL monitor, do not have exact model here, but, having seen other threads I guess problem could be "generic". Warrenty expired 3 months ago.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like a bad flyback. With current CRT prices, would be cheaper to replace than to fix.

okay, thanks... Still 21" are not all that cheap... suppose it's the flyback transformer that needs to be replaced, how much would that cost you recon?

Making a wild-ass-guess, I'd estimate fixing it yourself at $50, or 3-4 times that if you took it to a shop.

Just get another monitor, ebay for one.

My DELL P1130 cost me under £50 under 1 year old.

I have had a similar problem on dell p1110 Monitors although it wasnt as extreme as yours sounds. The resistor mod that is so common for these fixed it. You should try it as it costs 5 dollars and 20 minutes of your time.

Back