22"-24" LCD opinions/options

devkinetic

Weaksauce
The 2253BW looks pretty good from what you guys are saying I'm currently searching for a decent 22" LCD to get. I primarily game and do web design in photoshop for my business. I know you cant have spot-on color and low ms for games, but I'm not 100% worried about colors being perfect, just manageable.

Should I grab the 226BW or this 2253BW? I can get either for a real good price. about 90-100 through my work (we get 40 'dell' bucks a month) so should i grab one of these or boost up to a 24"?

My 2 conditions are :
-under $420
-available from dell.

Also note dell has much more stuff than they have on their site, so my choices are somewhat broader. Right now I'm leaning towards the 2253BW.

Unfortunately, we can only use them at dell :(

Thast why i was leaning towards the samsung's as the decent dells come in starting at about 600, which is more than i really need/want.

I was going to get the westy, but I read a lot of bad reviews about it....I mean A LOT!

I ended up getting the BenQ G2400W 24" lcd from newegg since it is only $405 shipped, has better reviews, and a 3 year warranty which is very important in an lcd. Plus it has vga, dvi, and hdmi inputs. It even comes with the dvi cable unlike the westy which you will have to buy seperate.

$350 Westy+ $50 4yr best buy warranty + $15 dvi/hdmi cable from neweggtax = $444 total
$405 shipped BenQ w/standard 3 year warranty and dvi cable = $405 total

Go Dell or Apple. Dell has more ports and is cheaper. These are the top of the line monitors for these sizes. I have apple at work and dell at home. Its great no complaints has color profile for osx built in if your a mac user too.

also dont get the cheap dell 22" it sucks. viewing angle is like 30 degrees and there are no extra ports.

Back