22" lcd test. Interesting results

lrtrees

n00b
Just saw a link over at widescreengamingforum for a test conducted on a bunch of different 22" lcd screens. If I understand it correctly, it states that the new Samsung 226BW is the only panel not to be a Chimei. As has been said here, it uses a Samsung panel. I was under the impression that the Lg226 was using a Lg-Phillips panel. Now I am not sure.
Anyway, here is the link. Would be interested to hear what you think.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcpop.com%2Fdoc%2F0%2F174%2F174242_15.shtml&langpair=zh%7Cen&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

I'm not sure about the panels, but this confirms what I've suspected about the Samsung 226BW taking the lead as the best 22'' widescreen LCD.

Not the best translation but it does seem Samsung was the only non Chimei panel. I want to know what this means "Of course, we also look forward to an early L226WT LPL version of the listing, and only then, when L226WT can really enjoy music and the strength of Samsung 226BW," as it directly compares the two. What thread on widescreengamingforum was this from?

Pegleg Joe, I read that also and am wondering what it means. Anything to do with the WT vs. WA models we keep hearing about.
As you said, the translation left me with some questions, but still was able to get some helpfull info.

I'd love to get the 226BW, but the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping has me hesitant. Anyone else have this concern?

verylostindeed, I just got the 226bw and it's great. I have my Nvidea control panel set to automatically scale anything not widescreen. It works just fine. I play old games in this format and there are two black bars on each side of the screen, centering the main image. Works just fine. Anyone know if it's this easy with an ATI card?

Oh btw, I can't confirm whether or not this will help when using a direct input via playstation or xbox.

If you have an NVidia video card you can do 1:1 through the drivers.

No, at least not when you want to play under linux, or at least I have not found an option for that thing in nvidia-settings there.

So, the rants about not having a hardware 1:1 pixel mapping is not only relevant to xbox, ps3, etc. but also for us Linux or MacOS guys.

ah, and now since some people here have this monitor, it would be really cool, if one could test input lag with a photo of 2 virtual stopwatch or similar programs.

Just start 2 watches with 1/1000sec resolution, one on the samsung LCD, and one on a second CRT which is connected to the same graphics card/pc and take some photos, and we'll finally know, if it has some severe input lag.

ah, and now since some people here have this monitor, it would be really cool, if one could test input lag with a photo of 2 virtual stopwatch or similar programs.

Just start 2 watches with 1/1000sec resolution, one on the samsung LCD, and one on a second CRT which is connected to the same graphics card/pc and take some photos, and we'll finally know, if it has some severe input lag.

you mean one stop watch, but with cloned screens ;)

yea i agree....that's a nice test to see before hand.

Back