22" Westy at Target - good/bad?

well, we got to BB at 10:30 tonight, about 125 people in line already, but it's 6:15am now, i got two 19" LCD widescreen monitors, two 2Gb San Cruizer thumb drives, and one 320Gb Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 16Mb cache HDD for $310 including tax, after getting reimbursed for one monitor and one thumb drive and the HDD i got my monitor and thumb drive for $110 out the door:D

good deal :D

Well I picked up the Westy today. I have it set up but text isn't nearly as clear as on my 22w2. I still have to mess around with settings though. :-/

good deal :D

thanks, you were sooo right though, i asked everyone when they got there

the first guy and his wife were there since 5:30am Thanksgiving morning, everyone in line to the first corner of the front of the building was there before noon, and tapered from there, the line was already half way across the back of the building when we got there at 10:30pm

the $249 laptops were gone by the first corner of the line as were the $399 laptops, and also the good TV deals as well, they couldnt give away the $35 mp3 players LOL, and luckily the LCD monitors were were getting didnt have tickets and where the ad said they would have a minimum of 8 of one model they had a good 25 or more, but, if you showed up around 3am when they started giving out tickets you werent getting many deals, we walked in, got our stuff in the first 10 minutes, was on the way to the registers and these LCD monitors were probably 75% gone because there was no limit

Did they have a 22" Envision on display? If so, how bad/decent/good was the picture? I bought one online for the kids and wifey so hopefully it's not God awful. :(

yes, like i mentioned earlier the two on sale for $99 and $149 lack DVI input, D-Sub only, but, i give a rats behind about HDCP, the comparable HannsG 19 is $169.99 + $13 shipping and has the same specs as this one......

i picked up the 19's, not one single dead pixel, very impressed, build quality seems quite good actually, running 1440x900 @ 75Hz right now and lovin it....of course i am coming from a 17" CRT Toshiba manufactured August 1996 running 1024x768 @ 85Hz that was two feet deep and weighs 75lbs....but still, the 19" widescreen is plenty for me :D

i just looked @ youtube hanns.G 21.6"
ill prolly return this 22w3,
the hanns.G has 1000:1 contrast ratio and hdmi connector and its 150 AR :D

yes, like i mentioned earlier the two on sale for $99 and $149 lack DVI input, D-Sub only, but, i give a rats behind about HDCP, the comparable HannsG 19 is $169.99 + $13 shipping and has the same specs as this one......

i picked up the 19's, not one single dead pixel, very impressed, build quality seems quite good actually, running 1440x900 @ 75Hz right now and lovin it....of course i am coming from a 17" CRT Toshiba manufactured August 1996 running 1024x768 @ 85Hz that was two feet deep and weighs 75lbs....but still, the 19" widescreen is plenty for me :D

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to the UPS guy stopping by. :)

Got mine (last one in target). DVI connection looks fabulous. Thanks for the post!;)

Yep, got one for the wife so I could get my Dell 2005wfp back (now I have a pair). Needless to say, I'm impressed with the picture quality of this monitor and she likes it a lot. All in all, a great deal for $170.

So the fuzzy picture is explained by the shitty VGA cable bundled with the monitor. I used my DVI cable to test the picture and it looks fabulous. It was a successful black friday for me. :D I just need to go pick up some cables.

I got the 22" samsung at bestbuy.com the day before (I'm in NM and I live in MA so getting it home on the plane would be tough) when I went into bestbuy today at 9 30 AM to pick up some flash drives and other small stuff they still had 8 or 9 of the 22" samsungs stacked up in the isle. The Envisions were all gone though.

all in all I got from bestbuy the 22" and 2 320 gig seagates, 2 400 gig western digitals from staples, and 2 4 gig sandisk flash stick from radio shack. Good year :)

I got the 22" westinghouse last year,(love it), the model at target this year is an "upgraded model" without a few of the ports, right (22w3) My mom has it and it has weird flickering problems, maybe it's too near a power source or something.

I work in Target electronics - and we found out we can make rain checks for the 22'' Westinghouse, and the 500gb hard drive - because the Ad clearly states "no rainchecks" for items which are NOT to be given rain checks for. Everything else is fair game.

Westinghouse Raincheck -

$169 - 41% off

Western Digital 500gb External HDD Raincheck -

$87 - 34%

Remember, this is a TWO-DAY sale, you can get rain checks tomorrow - too.

Good deal!

I work in Target electronics - and we found out we can make rain checks for the 22'' Westinghouse, and the 500gb hard drive - because the Ad clearly states "no rainchecks" for items which are NOT to be given rain checks for. Everything else is fair game.

Westinghouse Raincheck -

$169 - 41% off

$87 - 34%

Good deal!

Glad someone else confirmed this besides me... like I said earlier they are rainchecking most items and offering price adjustments... I bought a bunch of DVDs and TV seasons on Wed and had them price matched today :)

Westinghouse Raincheck -

$169 - 41% off

$87 - 34%

Good deal!
I had my wife pick up one of the "rainchecks" how exactly are we to utilize them? (at work for 4 days)...guess I'm a bit confused...thx

Basically when the item is back in stock you get it for that price. I'm not sure if they call you when it's back in or you have to check or what... I can't remember.

BTW Target also offers discounts on "similar" items if they are out of stock of the item you want.

My wife said that after the 37" TV was gone today they were offering like 32% off any comparable TV they had in stock.

I had my wife pick up one of the "rainchecks" how exactly are we to utilize them? (at work for 4 days)...guess I'm a bit confused...thx

Mine expires January 8th, 2008 - they are valid for 46 days? I don't recall how long it is typically but that's how long yours should be.

Grab a monitor with the rain check in hand, scan the rain check into the checkout list - and it will change the price to that of the rain check.

Thanks all...I got the Westy before I had to leave for work this morning, but sent the wife back in for the HDD.

I bought my westy 22w3 a few days before BF. Then on BF I just took my time and went back and got a price adjustment, no questions asked. Woot!

Maybe the tax wasn't refunded but I'm not going to whine over 10 dollars. I have spent some time trying to compare it to my 1.5 year old Dell 2005FPW.

Basically, the monitor is great IMO. I just get frustrated even trying to compare things that are so close. I can notice some differences but I can't say which one is *better.* This monitor is VERY bright though and rocks for gaming with hardly any ghosting.

The point: Definitely worth the price, especially w/out even dealing with BF customers!

Grats to anyone else who got one (or more)! I kinda wish I had bought two now, but when I went in for my price adjustment, they were already sold out.

Just to gloat.
I bought two 22" earlier in week.
On Friday I got PA (including tax).
To boot I used a 10% Target visa coupon.
$151 each.
Woot.

Oh yeah, I also got gift receipts to extend my return possibility time.

Got the Acer from CC... They had it online after being out of stock in stores close to man-kind. Then they sold the remaining inventory online and I just so happen to be awake then and ordered one. :)

Oh wait... this is about the Westy.. yeah they are around the same price with the Acer being 170ish AR.

I'm taking mine back. It works fine for a computer monitor. But for whatever reason it will not take 1080p signals over the DVI connection. Doesn't work with my blueray or my ps3.

I was going to buy this, but decided on the samsung 22" at BB for $199. The targets I went to still had about 25 left at 4pm on Black Friday, so I doubt they would have ran out....

I'm taking mine back. It works fine for a computer monitor. But for whatever reason it will not take 1080p signals over the DVI connection. Doesn't work with my blueray or my ps3.

uh... because it's not a 108op display?

because there's no hdcp

No, the person saying HDCP is probably the correct one. Most monitors are capable of downscaling and upscaling non-native signals. They'd be pretty useless if they couldn't.

I've been using mine for work since Monday. I like it so far. Very nice upgrade from 19".
VGA hookup looks terrible, DVI is good though.
It does take an unusually long time to come up from standby, as I think someone else mentioned.

I've been using mine for work since Monday. I like it so far. Very nice upgrade from 19".
VGA hookup looks terrible, DVI is good though.
It does take an unusually long time to come up from standby, as I think someone else mentioned.

I've experienced both of those problems. Now that I'm back at school I sit far enough back from my monitor I can't tell the difference anymore.:D The return from standby still bugs me though. Oh well...

Yeh mine also has a longer than normal return from standby, but at only about 3 seconds it's not a big deal!

Or as a previous poster said, because it's not a 1080p monitor. Res should be 1650x1050. the 1050 should tell you it wouldn't display a 1080 image.

Huh, I guess I must have been imagining watching 1080p bluray movies on my other two 1650x1050 monitors. Silly me.

Actually it displays 1080i flawlessly via component I use my 360 all the time w/ this thing....

Oh and I HIGHLY recommend DVI cable, pixel perfect everytime, no more hitting auto adjust about 10 times to get it right...

Huh, I guess I must have been imagining watching 1080p bluray movies on my other two 1650x1050 monitors. Silly me.
My bad, I didn't explain myself. Yes, silly you. You may be watching the movies, but not at true 1080p, just a downscaled version that the monitor could output.

good cheap monitor a little washed our with color, really need to use dvi, a little light bleeding, long return from stand by mode and the monitor does not like going from a vga then to dvi mode???
A power cycle of on and off 3 times seams to fix this... but hey for 176 with tak good deal on 22", and crysis looks sweet

you're a dumbass dude. It looks like shit then, because it's scaled. I'm typing this from my 42" 1080p westy. I also have this same 22" Westy running next to it @ 1680. You need to do some studying on 1080p and how resolutions work.

Got one of the Westys from Target and looks like my parents want to keep it. Can anyone recommend me a good value DVI cable and which type to get? I'm not sure whether to get a cheap-o cable or pay the premium.

Thanks.

Back