22" widescreen flatpanel $299 After $60 Rebate

i've been seriously considering those too.. how is it compare to the samsung 204B and 215TW? i have 17" 24ms response time monitor that needs an upgrade.,..

thats a lot of monitor for 300 quid.....

i could sell my 2005 FPW for a little under that and get two extra inches.... hmmmm

nah... this baby has been too good to me

i dont have THAT monitor but I do have a 22inch SAMSUNG. The 1650 resolution is perfect for this size. Anything higher in 2D is too small. IMO of course. This looks like an excellent deal based off specs...

good deal but on top of what others above posted.. 5 ms.. owch

Not for gaming but definetely great for the office!

kingj said:

5ms is very low. Perfect for games.

kingj said:

I play games on a monitor with 25ms with no problems.

I'm used to CRTs with higher resolution
2048x1536 anyone?
or 1600x1200 on a 15" laptop screen :)
I was just hoping at 2 more inches they could increase the resolution somewhat, somewhere in between 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, but I guess then it'd be more expensive

kingj said:

Umm...I think you are confused a little bit. :p

the newegg reviews say the display is nice, but the stand and what not is a bit cheezy. Looks nice for the money... but i think i may just suck it up and get the $400 samsung 22" OTD at bestbuy.

Pkirk618 said:
i dont have THAT monitor but I do have a 22inch SAMSUNG. The 1650 resolution is perfect for this size. Anything higher in 2D is too small. IMO of course. This looks like an excellent deal based off specs...

On a 22" monitor, I think 1920x1080 would be a better resolution (and the minimum I'd accept). I run this old 21" crt at 1920x1440. If it was an LCD (and it had the ability to do so), I'd run it at 2048 x 1536.

I can't ever see myself buying a new monitor if the resolution isn't at least as much as what I have and 1650x1050 is less than what I ran my 19" monitor back in '98.

Back