24" Comparison

Mastakill

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

As many people, I've been waiting for maaaaany years now for a decent 24" monitor...
I've been checking a lot of posts on this forum for some months now and I still havent decided which one might be worth it.

Because at the moment, all info is spreaded on millions of pages in thousands of posts, I would like to use this thread to make summary of all interesting 24" models with their upsides, downsides and how they compare to each other if that info is available...

I'll try to keep this thread up to date by including the info you guys reply

First I'll just start with listing the interesting models and some basic info:

Dell 2407WFP rev 3 or earlier
+ good price
+ lots of inputs
- color banding
- crappy hdcp chip that hardly supports hdcp for the higher resolutions
- aspect ratio issues
- cheap components

Dell 2407WFP rev 4
+ good price
+ lots of inputs
- still has scaling issues (you need to go to a non native resolution before scaling options become available)
- cheap components

NEC 2470WNX
+ good components
- not available in benelux (europe?)

Benq FP241*
+ ok colors
+ ok response time
- blackouts
- still no firmware update to fix all aspect ratio issues
- bad support

Eizo S2411*
+ good colors
+ good comonents
- only 2 dvi outputs
- high price

this is just a start, i dont have any 24" yet, so mistakes are possible, plz correct me if needed

no one interested in a nice comparison / summary of the nice 24"s?

come on peepz, i cant do this alone, i dont even have a 24" atm...

I don't understand your comment on the 2407 A04 scaling problems?

I don't have any problems scaling, so do enlighten me.

Magic Wok said:
I don't understand your comment on the 2407 A04 scaling problems?

I don't have any problems scaling, so do enlighten me.
I've read in of the threads on this forum, that it is still needed to change the resolution to a non-native resolution, before the scaling options become available for certain situations
Not sure, but i think it was that 1920x1080 was still stretched by default in the A04. And the option to keep aspect ratio was greyed out until you did some "tricks"

but perhaps someone with a a04 can tell the exact situation...

Dell 2407WFP rev 3 or earlier
+ good price
+ lots of inputs
- color banding
- aspect ratio issues
- cheap components

Dell 2407WFP rev 4
+ good price
+ lots of inputs
- still has scaling issues (you need to go to a non native resolution before scaling options become available)

lol, the only difference between revision A03 and A04 is that A04 can do 1:1 scaling on some resolutions that couldn't in A03 (namely 1600x1200 and 1920x1080).
Revision A03 has no colour banding either. I don't know where you got 'cheap components' from, because if it has it, then the A04 still has cheap components, same with the 'crappy' hdcp chip'.

Now your wrong facts will spread like wildfire and soon noobs everywhere will be spouting that the A03 and lower has cheap components and hdcp chip issues whilst the A03 doesn't...

kimnkk said:
lol, the only difference between revision A03 and A04 is that A04 can do 1:1 scaling on some resolutions that couldn't in A03 (namely 1600x1200 and 1920x1080).
Revision A03 has no colour banding either. I don't know where you got 'cheap components' from, because if it has it, then the A04 still has cheap components, same with the 'crappy' hdcp chip'.

Now your wrong facts will spread like wildfire and soon noobs everywhere will be spouting that the A03 and lower has cheap components and hdcp chip issues whilst the A03 doesn't...
i didnt mean to give the impression that these things were fixed in the a04, i just didnt know that for sure
that is why i left the part open

Of course there is no scaling when feeing native resolution. It's already scaled perfectly.

LunaticPuma said:
Of course there is no scaling when feeing native resolution. It's already scaled perfectly.
ok not sure what i read then...

perhaps i read it wrong, perhaps the person who i read it from was wrong...

in any case, can you confirm that ALL scaling AND aspect ratio options for every resolution and every input (and whatever else from variance there can be) is available and works as expected for the A04?

I've read in of the threads on this forum, that it is still needed to change the resolution to a non-native resolution, before the scaling options become available for certain situations
Not sure, but i think it was that 1920x1080 was still stretched by default in the A04. And the option to keep aspect ratio was greyed out until you did some "tricks"

but perhaps someone with a a04 can tell the exact situation...
Just curious...why would scaling be needed as an option for the NATIVE resolution? I don't think there is any monitor with internal scaling that will scale something that is already scaled to the correct ratio.;)

joemama said:
Just curious...why would scaling be needed as an option for the NATIVE resolution? I don't think there is any monitor with internal scaling that will scale something that is already scaled to the correct ratio.;)
probably i just meant something like that 1920x1080 is stretched to 1920x1200

scaling native resolution is indeed kinda useless

Back