24 Geeky Wisconsin Protest Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the tool of tools. Crime in this country during the last 100 years at one time or another was blamed on alcohol, African Americans, other ethnic groups, and many other things. Show me some statistics that show home invasions, thefts, assaults, and other crimes are statistically proven to be drug related. Because I'll tell you something, they are absolutely not. Much like alcohol most people who use drugs can control their drug use and it doesn't lead to any harmful effects for themselves or others. There are some people who can not, but much like alcoholism this is a health issue and not a crime issue. There are some sick people in this world and we do need prisons to keep those people away from society, but at least 25% of the prison population and probably 50% of the probation and parole population is in the system for non-violent drug crimes. And paying 100s or 1000s of public employees $60,000 a year in salary and benefits to watch people who aside from possessing or selling drugs have done absolutely nothing wrong is the primary reason why the states in this country are broke.

What a load of crap you have just stated.

What he says is not untrue. The prison security complex is another huge boondoggle locking people away for consensual crimes like drugs and prostitution to pad phat salaries of union guards and administrators.

All that shit will end too. We are going broke in case none of you notice.

What did you find the shittiest, low rent catholic school in existence?

The two schools I posted actually have a proven track record of developing students with strong academic achievement.

What you found is what all liberals find a way to spend money instead of make it.

I don't see what's so unreasonable to limit collective bargaining to wage increase up to inflation? If they want better pay they can go ask individually and the principle can review the merit of such a raise. What's so unreasonable about that?

I don't see what's so unreasonable to limit collective bargaining to wage increase up to inflation? If they want better pay they can go ask individually and the principle can review the merit of such a raise. What's so unreasonable about that?

I don't even understand who's bright idea it was to allow them to collective bargain in the first place. Even Jimmy Carter denied them that at the Federal level. Reason being is public salaries are already democratic by the very nature of elected public officials deciding them.

What you found is what all liberals find a way to spend money instead of make it.

Conservatives would RATHER be MORE richer while leaving the middle class broken and poorer and MORE under their thumb. Yours is a typical reponse.

Conservatives would RATHER be MORE richer while leaving the middle class broken and poorer and MORE under their thumb. Yours is a typical reponse.

Ha I'm not a conservative. Especially after that last idiot signed biggest growths of govt since LBJ. I'm a libertarian.

What that means is freedom and liberty! financial freedom and personnel freedom.

Another thing is you wanna know why poor get poorer inspite of increasing # of every govt program to pull them out? And the rich get richer? Because its less door you need to knock on to sell your warez, About 536.

It is either going to be the poor = poor / rich = rich, poor = rich / rich = poor, or poor = rich. Obviously, the latter is communism, and the second is an oxymoron.

Meticulous attention should be paid to the special relations and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government….The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service.

A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to obstruct the operations of government until their demands are satisfied. Such action looking toward the paralysis of government by those who have sworn to support it is unthinkable and intolerable.

Guess who said that? I was surprised, too:

FDR in 1937. And the first president of the AFL/CIO agreed with him. Easily looked up and verified.

It's a sad state of affairs when FDR is starting to look and sound more moderate vs the crap I see and hear on a daily basis.

I think it was JFK that issued the executive order allowing public unions, before it was banned due to conflict of interests.

It is really tough to use collective bargaining and unions to get more stuff when your employer goes belly up. You just get a bigger share of zero. But this is a government so it can't. It sucks to be a teacher in WI, and many other states to come, but some previous politicians and union bosses agreed to things that could never be lived up to. There isn't a whole lot that can be done.
Less pay and less benefits or lose your job and put 100 kids in a class. Both shitty, but who said life was fair.

The signs are pretty funny, but WTF, so much violence. I thought the left was against that type of speech. :rollseyes:

I think it was JFK that issued the executive order allowing public unions, before it was banned due to conflict of interests.

In 1978, Democratic President Jimmy Carter, backed by a Democratic Congress, passed the Civil Service Reform Act. Washington had already established its General Schedule (GS) classification and pay system for workers. The 1978 bill went further, focused as it was on worker accountability and performance. It severely proscribed the issues over which employees could bargain, as well as prohibited compulsory union support.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703530504576164822561737348.html

Guess who said that? I was surprised, too:

FDR in 1937. And the first president of the AFL/CIO agreed with him. Easily looked up and verified.

It's a sad state of affairs when FDR is starting to look and sound more moderate vs the crap I see and hear on a daily basis.

What do you expect from a whole generation raised by communist hippy washouts with no grip on reality? I'll be interesting after we fall if we just don't go straight commie like deadbeats moving into your house and stuff..

What did you do find the most expensive school? Talk about bullshit.

Here is school I and all my brothers and sisters went in Las Vegas
http://www.saintannelasvegas.org/admission_policies_tuition_and_fees

Wouldn't you mean " Here is the school my brothers, sisters, & myself attended in Las Vegas." :D

I'm just teasing :p

I personally just feel Americans are breed to be lazy, therefore education seems like a smaller issue than the amount of pay teachers get for actually teaching it.

Wouldn't you mean " Here is the school my brothers, sisters, & myself attended in Las Vegas." :D

I'm just teasing :p

I personally just feel Americans are breed to be lazy, therefore education seems like a smaller issue than the amount of pay teachers get for actually teaching it.

Dude I paint cars for a living....ohhhh that smell.:p

Seriously Americans are little bitches theses days. Perpetual whiners, strikers, and slackers with entilement mentality. Debt at every level has saved us from recognizing our failed ways but that party will end soon. Then reality hits and I have great hopes for future after dust settles.:)

As much as I enjoy your "bickering," this isn't the Soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back