24" LCD

shizdan

[H]ard|Gawd
Well it is time to upgrade from my 20" dell 2007WFP to a 24" LCD
My main concern is for picture quality, Since my 2007WFP was a S-ips...
-I was thinking maybe a Samsung T240?

Any recomendations would be appreciated!!

Might be kind of a let down being a TN panel and all. I hear the Westinghouse L2410NM are good for their price.

I'm in the same boat. I would love to step up to a 24" that's not a TN. Seems like 90% of the panels are TN. I don't know why it's so popular. I really like my MVA panel. Want to stick with it just a bigger screen.

I'm here for the same reason.
My circa-2004 Viewsonic VP201b is on its last leg

But, it's an 20" S-IPS that I've spent years staring into...
And it looks great! Wide viewing-angles, excellent balance, depth and color.

Last year I tried a Dell 24" S-PVA and some cheap Samsung 19"WS that got rave reviews on Newegg.
The Dell was OK... well, it was returned, so, OK-ish.
But the 19" was completely craptacular... despite 400+ positive 'Egg reviews.

Oh great IT-minds of [H], recommend a crackin' 24" WideScreen Monitor!

IPS:
NEC 2490WUXi - The best and most expensive. sRGB
HP LP2475W - Mid range price, newer panel, no A-TW treatment and wide gamut.

Other (TN):
Benq V2400/G2400. Low price range, high speed, sRGB.

I bought the NEC, because I wanted an sRGB (less color hassles) IPS panel and it was the only one. My second choice was one of the Benq 24" panels because TN is really not as bad as most people let on and it was 1/3 the price of my NEC and was also sRGB. If you are will to put up with or are immune to color issues, the HP is an interesting choice, but I didn't really consider it because I really didn't want to deal with color issues.

+1, I'm in the same boat here.

I study graphic design, but don't have gazillions of money for a decent 24+ S-IPS monitor (NEC, Eizo). I now work on a CRT - 19 incher (Mitsubishi 930SB, Diamondtron tube), which was great, but the power unit gave up recently and they cannot find a new one to replace it - also the monitor itself is out of stock for 2 years now... I don't want another CRT, because my eyes start to hurt just by mentioning this. But I just can't find appropriate LCD display... input lag is surely an issue I cannot ignore and that's where all the problems come from IMHO.

Another bearing consideration:

BenQ FP241VW
Standard gamut 24" A-MVA with multiple connections (DVI, HDMI, VGA, component, s-video, composite) and low input lag. Also handles PS3 and Xbox 360 (over VGA, component or HDMI) very well.

As Snowdog mentioned the HP looks good (if the NEC is out of your range $$). H-IPS with wide gamut but a number of connections. Also low input lag and other than A-TW polarizer (causing a slight white haze at angles) looks like a complete monitor. Should be around $650.00 US.

HP LP2475w for these who want an IPS monitor but not ruin their budget for NEC 2X90 :)

Is it possible to set the HP to a 72% sRGB space and then calibrate it that way in XP? I don't really need or want wide gamut, I mainly print my work and it's of no use there. And in the meantime, I want normal everyday (browsing, movies) display, not one that will oversaturate everything...

BenQ FP241VW
Standard gamut 24" A-MVA with multiple connections (DVI, HDMI, VGA, component, s-video, composite) and low input lag. Also handles PS3 and Xbox 360 (over VGA, component or HDMI) very well.

I woulda bought that by now if it wasn't the ugliest bezel ever created.

Is it possible to set the HP to a 72% sRGB space and then calibrate it that way in XP? I don't really need or want wide gamut, I mainly print my work and it's of no use there. And in the meantime, I want normal everyday (browsing, movies) display, not one that will oversaturate everything...

I think the calibration is possible on the graphics card level. Which is not the best solution, but probably the best avalaible.

Back