24" LED backlit NON-TN for under a grand?

ElektroDragon

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a 24" 1920x1200 res LED backlit model that is NOT TN for under $1000. It doesn't have to be glossy.

I thought I had a winner in the Lenovo L2440X LED that just came out, but have found out for sure it is also TN. I ordered it anyway because my main motivation was elimination of insane backlight bleed on my FHD2400. But I may return or cancel the order if get a better option.

And I do do NOT want to buy Apple products, the new Cinema doesn't adjust stand height anyway which is a big problem for me.

So what are my options? Am I stuck with TN?

You don't need LED to avoid BLB. The Apple Cinema Display is the only non-TN LED under $2000 I know of, unless there is a VA panel I haven't heard of. I'll only use IPS.

I don't even know if LED will necessarily eliminate the possibility for BLB.

You don't need LED to avoid BLB. The Apple Cinema Display is the only non-TN LED under $2000 I know of, unless there is a VA panel I haven't heard of. I'll only use IPS.

I don't even know if LED will necessarily eliminate the possibility for BLB.

Just to verify that - LED is not the end-all be-all for eliminating BLB. I have seen plenty of LED displays that still exhibit BLB.

LED with local dimming done right should be a very good antidote to the most common case of BLB -- namely black bars. Local dimming allows those LEDs to be completely turned off eliminating the bleed.

However, with LED backlights being paired with TN panels, what are the odds that the manufacturers have any clue how to properly implement them?

I consider LED to be a relatively minor improvement.
OLED is the real deal!

OLED is nearly a holy grail for tv. if you want the best it will be available in a couple more years....

Back