24", LED driven, 1920x1200, 2 HDMI, DVI, VGA & component (no TN). Does it exist?

videobruce

Limp Gawd
I'm looking (so far in vain) for a replacement for my Dell 2408WFP power hog space heater, but I can't find anything.

It has to be;
24" 1920x1200 and LED backlight,
It has to have DVI, 2 HDMI, VGA and preferably component inputs (though it look like I'm SOOL on the component),
IPS or PVA/VA panel, no TN.

I don't 'game' so lag isn't real important. Power consumption and inputs are. I looked at the BenQ EW2420, HP ZR2440w, Asus PA246Q & the PA248Q. I ruled out Dell.

I want to stick with 1920x1200 vs 1080 (don't want to go backwards). I don't care about USB ports.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for something like this as well but may just cave and go for 1080p with LED/120hz soon to support my CS:GO addiction.

I personally own a ASUS PA246Q and I am very pleased with it. You already know that it doesn't meet your specs due to the 2 HDMI port requirements. However, I would like to suggest that you can convert the unused Displayport to HDMI using a $10 adapter. Another option would be to use a HDMI v1.4 switch. And finally if you really need component, you can opt for a scaler to HDMI, although that route is expensive IMHO.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I understand some adapters are available, but additional cost and the fact I've read about the high percentage of these are either DOA or fail within hours or days afterwards. I agree, the scaler option is just too expensive.

The 2 HDMI requirement is the killer. If you going to use adapter(DP to HDMI), eizo 24 has 2 DP and 2 DVI ports, and is 1920x1200, though not sure if LED back light. Pretty sure they CCFL still. And they are expensive.

The Eizo 2431 has tons of inputs, including component, composite, s-video, 2 hdmi, dvi and vga. It's 1920x1200 and VA. I think it is wide gamut (plus or minus, depending on what you want it for) and I'm not sure of the backlighting. And as belae mentioned, a 24" Eizo will cost a fortune.

The radiforce 24 i pick up on the cheap for my dad normally sells for 2500 =).. to give you a baseline, but that is more a medical specialty monitor for radiology etc. But eizo stuff always expensive as shit. You do get 5 year warranty.

The Eizo 2431 has tons of inputs......................And as belae mentioned, a 24" Eizo will cost a fortune.
You are right about the inputs and the price. Besides, it's another power hog and I already have one of those. :(

@belae

Is the radiforce wide gamut or s-rgb? And does it have the typical heavy IPS coating? I sent you a PM, by the way, a while ago, asking about that... if you don't mind, reply in a PM, so we don't derail this thread?

Radiforce is suppose to be wide gamut, and does has ag coating, thought don't think as thick as on the dell 2410. Also it should be able to display 10 bit color if you got the card and soflware to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
I think the Samsung just has dvi + vga, while the OP wants 2 hdmi, vga, dvi and ideally component. I think he's going to have to make some compromises as far as inputs go (or spend a fortune).

It's hard enough simply finding any 24", 16:10 monitors as it is. Maybe some 16:9 displays will have the 2 hdmi thing, if he can compromise there.

I myself am torn between the Samsung S24A850DW and Dell U2410. I wish there were more options!

If you don't need wide gamut, don't get the 2410. Wide gamut for non-wide gamut software = major annoyance. And if sensitive at all to heavy AG coating, also avoid the 2410. I'd suggest the Samsung, but it's been known to have horrible bleed.

Back