24" - LG or Dell?

Slickdeals, dealhack, anandtech, and probably this forum too.

The HDA trick is to do the HDA package and get 600-700 off the TV

You sign up for DTV over the phone in the store (you can fake the call or just cancel later before the install) and you get 300$ off the TV.

You buy a HDDVD or Bluray player and return it later for another 100$ off. (get an exchange to get a clean reciept if it doesn;t work when you return)

You buy an audio system greater than 499$ and return it later too for another 100$ off

Buy an installation over 150$ and get 100$ or 200$ off the tv (this is harder, so you might want to no go here as installs are hard to return)

Please explain the HDA or the install trick? Do you get that set amount off any TV? My dad just bought a TV and he could still take it back.

What are you unclear about in my summary of the HDA thing? :)

Let me know and I will try my best to reexplain it. The TV must be over 999$ and not a power sale tv (so no Insignias)

HDA is HD Advantage, its a program where if you buy alot of other stuff, they give you a discount on the TV. You have to be careful so that they don't take that discount away when you return the other items. That's why you do an exchange to get a fresh reciept.

I actually got that exact model LCDTV for our common room. :) It's actually more expensive in store as what you gave me was the web price. Still, it'll come out around 800.

Woah, this monitor seems like a great deal for $450. Anyone else planning on picking it up?

Just picked it up with a 10% off for 403+tax. :) This monitor is awesome. I'll post my pics sometime tonite.

I just picked up this monitor from bestbuy today, so many locations are out of stock. I tried the 10% or 12% coupon, but it doesn't apply to monitors unfortunately. When I got there, there was only one left but it was opened. The box was opened to show the buyer but is brand new. A rep said he'll give it to me for $400 instead of $450 without me even saying a word. Can't beat that.

Which best buy were you at? If you went to the Orange, CT one, I had them open it and it had a dead pixel so just a warning in case. :)

I went to the one in Secaucus in Jersey. I'm going to check it out and if it has a dead pixel I'll just exchange it. BB has the 30 day exchange/return policy.

I went to the one in Secaucus in Jersey. I'm going to check it out and if it has a dead pixel I'll just exchange it. BB has the 30 day exchange/return policy.

Small World....

I was at the Secaucus store around 1130am on sunday. They had two on the shelf and I took one. They also honored the 10 percent off coupon. The bar codes on it didnt work on the coupon, but the manager waved off on it. Sweet deal $449 - 10%

The monitor looks great on my system. I calibrated it with an Greytag Eye0ne display.

Photography and shooting panoramas is a hobby of mine. The monitor is perfect for my needs.

For those interested in some New York Photography in large resolutions check out my galleries at http://pbase.com/rfcd100

Thanks everyone for the scoup on this great deal.

Regards

RFC

Small World....

I was at the Secaucus store around 1130am on sunday. They had two on the shelf and I took one. They also honored the 10 percent off coupon. The bar codes on it didnt work on the coupon, but the manager waved off on it. Sweet deal $449 - 10%

The monitor looks great on my system. I calibrated it with an Greytag Eye0ne display.

Photography and shooting panoramas is a hobby of mine. The monitor is perfect for my needs.

For those interested in some New York Photography in large resolutions check out my galleries at http://pbase.com/rfcd100

Thanks everyone for the scoup on this great deal.

Regards

RFC

Yeah I definitely just stole one of your images to set as my desktop wallpaper.

Actually, those are some of the most beautiful images I've ever seen. They make my monitor look like a freaking window. Way better than most of the stuff on interfacelift.com

RFC

Amazing work there. Those pictures made me love my city even more.

Been looking for a 24" monitor. My concern is 1080p compatibility via VGA, Component, and HDMI. Anyone use this with a X360 or PS3?

Back