24" monitor for home office use?

thecomputeraddict

Limp Gawd
I might be getting a new desk soon for here in the home office, I currently run dual 17" monitors. I would get the bigger display for the current desk but it won't fit due to a raised monitor platform.

So once I get new desk, I was thinking of getting a 24" display or dual 20" displays and a smaller tv for my ps2, xbox 360. The desk I plan on getting is an ikea galant or I'll design one for in here and build it with my fathers help.

I have a raised monitor platform on my desk as well...and I'm getting the Benq FP241VW which is probably the biggest LCD out there lol. What I'm going to do is get a monitor riser and raise it flush with my monitor platform. That way I can use almost the entire width of the desk...and also have some space underneath if I need. Now the trouble is finding a monitor riser that is exactly or adjustable to 4inches tall and 25inches wide...

looked at the 24 inch dell and the 24inch acer at bestbuy.ca. Acer is about 100 dollars cheaper but the dell is better known for quality. I'm leaning towards the dell display because it will just fit in between the raised stand and the shelf.

Another note on this, when the dimensions of a monitor says about 17 inchs in height, is that just the screen I'm guessing or from the bottom of the stand to the top of the screen.

Yes, it's the height of the screen. I do not know if they include the stand in the height though.

Back