2400 oc journey.

sugii

Limp Gawd
First off, dont kill me because this is a last resort for me, and if this a re occuring question, just tell me (be kind :( )

So I have the Athalon 2400+ XP and decided to do some over clocking. I am using the asus a7v600 board with the newest bios update (1006). I want to go for 333mhz FSB by using 15 x 166, but when I use it my computer just crashes during boot. After trial and error, I think I have narrowed it down to it not having enough voltage getting to it. The highest I can get my motherboard (that I know) is 1.9v. My question is, can I get my motherboard over 2 volts by modding it in some way (unlocking the cpu?)?

What kind of memory do you have?

What kind of cooling do you have? If you have aircooling, increasing the Vcore to 2.0V is not a good idea if you want your cpu to last. I personally wouldn't go over 1.85V on air :) Also check CPU-Z or MBM5 or just in BIOS to see if your motherboard is undervolting or overvolting. Then you can adjust.

Unlocking the cpu won't give you higher voltage options. You shouldn't have to since your 2400+ should be factory unlocked. Doing a Vcore mod on your motherboard is the only way to get more voltage to your cpu. But why increase the multiplier when you can increase the FSB? Your board fully supports 400 FSB so you won't run into PCI/AGP frequency instability until after 400 FSB. Just lower the multiplier to like 10x or 11x and increase the FSB as much as you can. That is, if you have good PC2700 or PC3200.

Back